VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. im having problems playing a wmv file that i dled it from my schools website, when i play it in windows media player(version 9 and older versions also) i get this Error ID = 0xC00D1199, Condition ID = 0x00000000,Cannot play the file. any suggestions on how i can fix that?

or should i try converting the wmv file to something else, it doesnt matter rm, avi, mpg anything just as long as it'll play, any programs that can help me do that? converting it to a rm or avi would be good because the file is 230mb and converting that to mpg would take a while.

thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try to lookup the error on Microsoft's web site or even on google?
    Quote Quote  
  3. yep i wrote on the newsgroup and everything and got no help on fixing the error, knowing microsoft they probably dont even know how to fix it its their own file too. any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try loading it with a trial version of TMPGEnc Plus! When the Open box comes up, select all files, and select the wmv file.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  5. hey, i just dled TMPGenc Plus, same thing happened with the older version of TMPGenc i have. you said when the open box comes up select all files and choose WMV file right? which open box are you refering to? the wizard that automatically pops up, or MPEG tools or the main window that says Video Source, Audio Source, Output? i tried every open option available that opens a file but it always says illegal stream.

thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And in your Environmental settings you do have Direct Show as the highest priority, right? You never mentioned "illegal stream" errors until the last post, so we had no idea. I hope you're not leaving anything else out.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  7. hey tommy, lol no i dont think im leaving anything else out. its just that when i play the wmv on windows media it gives an error that it cannot play the file, but when i try to use TMPGenc with it, it gives me illegal stream errors. i just changed DirectShow to the highest prority its up on top, now do i select the wmv on the Video Source in the main screen? are there any other properties i should be changing also?

btw when i selected my wmv in the video source i got a error that said it cannot be opened or supported. i guess this file is corrupted to begin with right
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Possibly. But also look into AviSynth to frameserve it to your encoder to put it on a playable codec.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you had searched Google for "error ID = 0xC00D1199"
    You would have discovered that there is a patch from MS that is suspose
    to fix this.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816044
    Quote Quote  
  10. yea i saw this link when i was looking through their newgroups, but its for ASF files, and the symtoms that they list doesnt match mines so i didnt even both with dling that patch.
    Quote Quote