VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. I'm about to go crazy and have tried everything I can think of. I"m sending out an S.O.S. to you guys. Please help me. Here's the problem.

I'm putting together a slideshow for my sister's wedding in a couple of weeks and no matter what I try, I'm getting some seriously jittery video.

Programs used:

Tmpgenc Plus 2.5
    Memories on TV
    Ulead Video Studio 8 (Trial Version)
    Virtual VCR

1. I created an mpeg2 clip of the still pictures
    2. I captured a 90 second AVI (720x480 29.970fps YUY2 HUFFYUV) from a HI-8 camcorder using Virtual VCR
    3. I then loaded the two clips into Ulead Video Studio 8 (trial version) to add titles, music etc.
    4. I then saved the resulting Video studio file as an AVI with the following specs:
    1. 720x480
    2. Lower field first
    3. HUFFYUV
    4. YUY2
    5. Then I converted the resulting into Mpeg2 using Tmpgenc plus 2.5. I previewed the that video on WinDVD and Windows Media Player. The video looks fine on the computer.
    6. I burned the DVD using Nero 6

On the TV, the video clip is all jittery and jerky; especially when there is a lot of movement. The memories on TV portion of the clip is as smooth as can be though. I have no idea what is causing this. I have used Vitual VCR with Tmpgenc many times and created DVD's from home movies that looked fine. The only new program in the mix is Video Studio 8, which obviously leads me to believe that the problem lies there.

I remember reading in the forums (a while back) about Ulead mixing up the field order so I saved the file as upper field first and converted on Tmpgenc as lower field first. Same result. I've converted the AVI to Mpeg2 on Tmpgenc before importing it to Video Studio. Same result. I find it hard to believe that Video Studio sucks this badly because I don't hear that many negative things on these boards about it. I'm sure I've got a setting wrong somewhere I just don't know where or what it is.

If you can help me, please do. My time is running out on this deal and it's driving me crazy. Thanks again for the help.

Kyle
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nevermind. It never fails. I've worked on this for a week. Hours and hours. Ten minutes after I post this message, I figure it out.

For those who care, the field orders were off. I switched them so many times, I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I think I had to save from video studio as upper field first and convert in tmpgenc as upper field first also. That smoothed it all out.

Thank you guys anyways.

Kyle
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nevermind. It never fails. I've worked on this for a week. Hours and hours. Ten minutes after I post this message, I figure it out.

For those who care, the field orders were off. I switched them so many times, I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I think I had to save from video studio as upper field first and convert in tmpgenc as upper field first also. That smoothed it all out.

Thank you guys anyways.

Kyle
    Quote Quote