VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I'd like to know if there is a way to capture direct source a Blu-ray playing on my computer? I do a lot of freelance work authoring Blu-rays for clients and I've been known to create some pretty intricate menus with motion loops, custom graphics, etc. I'd like to capture mainly just the menus and navigation of my discs to create a portfolio to show people what it's like to play and navigate through one of my discs.

I know I can extract out the individual videos of the different menus, but I'd much rather capture the Blu-ray actually playing with me navigating through all the features, chapter selection screens, bonus features, pop-up menus, etc.

I know why PowerDVD and other companies want to prevent you from screen recording since they don't want people duplicating copyrighted work.

But that's not what I'm doing in my case. I just want to capture my own Blu-ray discs that I created.

Is there any way of doing this? Maybe there's other software that won't block screen recording?

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    An unlicensed software Blu-ray player should allow you to record the screen although there is the possibility that some things that won't work as expected because the software is reverse engineered. Try Leawo Blu-ray player, which is free or DVD PlayerFab Ultra HD Player, which is paid but has a free trial.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Since you are the author, you can simply burn a disc (which doesn't have copy protection).
    Then you take the output of a disc player and use an HDMI capture card/device, and capture your playback.

Scott
    Quote Quote