VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    HI, please say how to add subtitles other than english in any video converter
    i heard that , the subtitle file srt shoud be saved as utr8 format, which is the format i saved.
    i selected the srt file in native tamil language and added the subtitles.
    when i play it the subtitle shows lilke 00000, slilght different from actual zero, all the words
    should i select the taimil unified font instead of default font.
    why it does not prompt any error message.
    Please alsoessage.
    say how to preview the intented output video , so that i could stop, if it shows lilke weird character.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Give the subtitle file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'd suggest to use mkvtoolnix or megui (which uses mkvtoolnix) to add (multiple) subtitle streams on a video..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, lzaa, i have included the subtile file in add subtitle files. the result is subtitle shown as 000000 instead of my native language
    HI, kamala, Does mkvtoolnix , embed it permanently to the video or it just include as a separate file inside its operation.
    This query I ask because, in codec information of one such added video, subtile stream is shown as separate.
    I also asked , where the preview button of output in any video converter, please show me
    Last edited by jraju; 2nd Jun 2020 at 22:51.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Kamala, mkvtoolnix has solved the problem of embedding subtitle in my language and thanks for that
    i also found that even though , a separate subttle information is displayed on converted videos by mkvtoolnix, the subtitles are indeed embedded. This i checked with playing the video.
    Hi, kamala, one more thing.
    can i choose h264 and mp3 format for the converted output when converting mkv files.
    the tool convert to mp4, but the video codec and audio codec has to be played by my tv, which supports h264, x264 fpr,. amd ,[3 audio.
    how to choose these output.
    Would you please say.
    Ofcourse, i did change the subtitle language from undefined to tamil ,
    kamala is a tamil name accroding to me
    Quote Quote