VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have a vcd and i want to back it into another disk, somehow, it don't let me backup. it stop at 80%. so, i believe there is a gap or a split in the movie that's why it can't not be copy... so my question is, is there anyway that i can do to backup this disk... i try to use vcdgear, but it only extract up to 80%. so there any program or something to let me continue extract 81 or 82 percent to 100%. if i can do that, i can use the other program to joy it together... please help me, i'll be very appreciated... thank you....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Andy,
    i would try using a program called ISOBUSTER.
    Once you have the program load and open your vcd file.
    Use the extract but filter mpeg frames only option this comes up when you
    right click the opened file.
    If there are no errors or corrupted files in your vcd they will extract to a temporary folder of your choice.
    You should be able to burn the mpeg files back to a new disc.
    I use VCDEASY there is still a freeware version of the program just do a search find a download site.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    your problem is caursed by damage to the cd and your drive cannot read it .... try a different cd rom drive if possible it may work i have found that whilst one drive wont read a disk sometimes another drive will read it. If you still cant get a read from the disk then i'm afraid theres nothing you can do.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thank you, guys

so psx_pirate, do you think the method of whatupnow work. i will try to see if it will work or not... if it did, i will recommend lot of people to do it. i bet there is lot and lot of people have the same situation but they don't know how to do it...

let me trying it thank... whatupnow...

ps: what happen if there is errors or corrupted files... would it still come out the output file that will skip that part of the data (which is the errors part)???
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if the disk is damaged and your cdrom cannot read it no method will work, however if you set your reading software to ignore errors it will read what it can from the disk and ignore the rest therefore when you burn the files back to another disk somethings will be missing, in the case of vcds some of the movie will be missing, if the damage to the disk is only very small you may only miss a second or two of the movie however if the damage to the disk is bad it could mean the movie is completely screwed up
    Quote Quote  
  6. there are things you can buy that can fix minor errors in cds and dvd's.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!