VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know someone who recently bought a flat screen TV from Walmart. I tried to connect a basic DVD player to the TV, but there are no RCA connections on the TV, only HDMI and RF in. How can one connect the DVD player to the TV? I don't think one of those RF converters (that convert the DVD signal to channel 3) will work because, I would have to rescan the channels on the TV to pick up channel 3, and then all the other broadcast channels would be lost. So I would have to rescan the channels on the TV each time I want to use the DVD player, and rescan again when I want to watch any broadcast TV. This is too time consuming and hassle.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You should be able to manually add channel 3 if you need to.

Unless you have a high end DVD player or already own the RF converter it is probably cheaper to buy a new DVD player with HDMI output.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    only HDMI and RF in
    Are you sure it doesn't have a 3.5mm socket for a combo audio RCA audio/video adapter? Many TVs I've seen don't have RCA sockets per se but do have the facility to input RCA video and Audio via a 3.5mm plug like this:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/1m-avencore-crystal-series-4-pole-trrs-35mm-to-3r...-av-cable.html

Any number of convertors RCA to HDMI
    Don't do it. I have one like that and it's junk. Total WOFTAM.

it is probably cheaper to buy a new DVD player with HDMI output.
    +1 to this.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Are you sure it doesn't have a 3.5mm socket for a combo audio RCA audio/video adapter?
    OK, thank you for that. TV does have 3.5mm socket and I already had the required cable. DVD player now connects no problem to the TV.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Every.
    Single.
    Time.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    Are you sure it doesn't have a 3.5mm socket for a combo audio RCA audio/video adapter?
    OK, thank you for that. TV does have 3.5mm socket and I already had the required cable. DVD player now connects no problem to the TV.
    Happy to help, Jim, glad you got it "showing".
    Quote Quote