VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to remove a logo from a clip, but when I use Inpaintfunc or rm_logo MeGUI shows an error saying: "There is no function named "imagesource"".
    This only happens when using the portable avisynth(avs+ r2544); The installed version(2.6.0.6) doesn't have this problem.

Am I doing something wrong ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is no official portable AviSynth. As discussed here,
    The problem isn't Avisynth itself, it requires few if any regkeys. The problem is that Windows isn't aware that Avisynth is an input filter or even exists, without certain keys.
    A workaround was posted , but now it's been deleted.

If you don't need strict portability, try copying DevIL.dll to the system folder.
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/ImageSource#Notes
    Quote Quote  
  3. There is no official portable AviSynth. As discussed here,
    I meant MeGUI's own AviSynth version.

A workaround was posted , but now it's been deleted.

If you don't need strict portability, try copying DevIL.dll to the system folder.
    There were already two DevIL dlls, one in System32 and the other in SysWOW64. The one in SysWOW64 was v1.6.4 so I replaced it with the newer version from your link; Still the same error.
    There's also a DevIL.dll in tools->avs which I tried to load manually, but that didn't work either.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Oh well, it was a guess. Here's another - I've seen "no function named X" when actually it exists, but it's called with invalid arguments (source clip undefined, float argument instead of int, etc). Don't how that can happen within a MeGUI-generated clip, but the point is, that particular error message can be misleading.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Have you tried ImageReader instead?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by raffriff42 View Post
    Oh well, it was a guess. Here's another - I've seen "no function named X" when actually it exists, but it's called with invalid arguments (source clip undefined, float argument instead of int, etc). Don't how that can happen within a MeGUI-generated clip, but the point is, that particular error message can be misleading.
    I forgot to say that I had AviSynth+ r2508 installed (x64 only), and the one in SysWOW was 2.6.0.6 so I just installed AviSynthPlus-MT-r2580 (both x86 and x64) to see whether the problem was MeGUI's AVS+, and that fixed it. But the odd thing is that the MeGUI's own AviSynth was active as you can see below, I thought that meant MeGUI won't use the installed AviSynth. So I guess the problem was that MeGUI was using AVS 2.6 although it was inactive.

Code:
    --[Information] AviSynth Information
    ---[Information] AviSynth Wrapper
    ----[Information] Version: 1.0.2721.0
    ----[Information] Date: 29-04-2017
    ----[Information] Interface: 3
    ---[Information] AviSynth
    ----[Information] File Version: 0.1
    ----[Information] Date: 27-12-2017
    ----[Information] Name: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2580, MT, i386)
    ----[Information] Version: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2580, MT, i386)
    ----[Information] AviSynth+: true
    ----[Information] MT: true
    ----[Information] Status: inactive
    ---[Information] AviSynth portable
    ----[Information] File Version: 0.1
    ----[Information] Date: 15-11-2017
    ----[Information] Name: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2544, MT, i386)
    ----[Information] Version: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2544, MT, i386)
    ----[Information] AviSynth+: true
    ----[Information] MT: true
    ----[Information] Status: active
    Last edited by leonsk; 26th Jan 2018 at 06:36. Reason: Clarification
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    Have you tried ImageReader instead?
    Yeah, everything from here:
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by leonsk View Post
    I'm trying to remove a logo from a clip, but when I use Inpaintfunc or rm_logo MeGUI shows an error saying: "There is no function named "imagesource"".
    This only happens when using the portable avisynth(avs+ r2544); The installed version(2.6.0.6) doesn't have this problem.

Am I doing something wrong ?
    Hi Leonsk,
    I'm having the same problem with Megui version 2913 (newest version) and avisynth+ 3.6.1.
    I tried uninstall and reinstall a few time but none seems to work. Can you tell me which version of Megui do you have? Are you also using windows 10?
    Quote Quote  
  9. vquynh,
    I'm fairly sure ImageSource requires ImageSeq.dll to be loaded for Avisynth+. It should be included with the Avisynth installer or in the zip file if you downloaded the non-installer version. If you haven't installed Avisynth and you're only using MeGUI's portable version, you should find it in the
    "MeGUI\tools\avs\plugins" folder
    so try:
    LoadPlugin("_Path_\MeGUI\tools\avs\plugins\ImageSe q.dll")
    at the top of the script.

Which version of Avisynth were you using prior to Avisynth+ 3.6.1?
    I'm still using Avisynth+ 3.5 as MeGUI's portable version and ImageSeq needs to be loaded. It's not something that changed recently.

I still have Avisynth 2.6 installed, so I created a script that lives in the installed Avisynth plugins folder and loads the additional Avisynth+ plugins when MeGUI's portable Avisynth+ runs. For me it looks like this:

Code:
    function AutoLoad_IsAVSPlus() {   return findstr(lcase(versionstring), "avisynth+") > 0   }

ConvertingStacks = "C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avs\plugins\ConvertStacked.dll"
    AutoLoad_IsAVSPlus() && exist(ConvertingStacks) ? LoadPlugin(ConvertingStacks) : nop()

ImageSequencing = "C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avs\plugins\ImageSeq.dll"
    AutoLoad_IsAVSPlus() && exist(ImageSequencing) ? LoadPlugin(ImageSequencing) : nop()

Shibatching = "C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avs\plugins\Shibatch.dll"
    AutoLoad_IsAVSPlus() && exist(Shibatching) ? LoadPlugin(Shibatching) : nop()

TimeStretching = "C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avs\plugins\TimeStretch.dll"
    AutoLoad_IsAVSPlus() && exist(TimeStretching) ? LoadPlugin(TimeStretching) : nop()

VDubFiltering = "C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avs\plugins\VDubFilter.dll"
    AutoLoad_IsAVSPlus() && exist(VDubFiltering) ? LoadPlugin(VDubFiltering) : nop()
    You could change the file paths accordingly and save it as a script, then add it to the top of the Avisynth templates you use. If you called it ExtraPlugins.avs,
    then adding
    Import("Path/ExtraPlugins.avs")
    to the top of a script template should load those extra dlls automatically. Just a thought....

I guess it's possible that older versions of those plugins need to be updated for a newer version of Avisynth. If MeGUI updated Avisynth+ to 3.6.1 it should've updated the plugins in the avs/plugins folder as well. If you updated Avisynth+ yourself, it'd pay to update those plugins... assuming there's newer versions included with Avisynth+ 3.6.1.
    Quote Quote