VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been flying the flag for Xmedia Recode video converter for several years, especially version 3.2.1.7, which has the most delux features - very good for video restoration work!
    There is however one bind: The viewing screen is small, so when you set Sharpness; Contrast; Brightness and Colour Saturation, it is difficult to tell if you have an excellent setting, or not. Once rendered and played back on a media player, then you realise the awful truth - you have either set these controls too high or not enough, because it all looks pleasing on such a small viewing screen!
    This set me wondering: If the pc is connected to a widescreen television set, using an HDMI to HDMI cable, is it possible to make the Viewing screen enlarge on the tv screen? For sure, the whole software as seen on the pc screen will display but I want to know if there is any way to further enlarge just the video viewer? If this can be done, somehow, then it would be a joy to set Sharpness; Contrast etc to a peak of perfection.
    At the moment, I have yet to buy a HDMI cable, so I have not been able to experiment. I wrote to the Xmedia Recode developer but as is always the case, he never replies!
    So before I make haste to acquire a cable, can anyone please tell me if this idea would prove practical?

Thank you for your time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I agree with you the filters on this software are useless
    It is not possible to verify the result with the fixed dimensions of the preview
    Quote Quote