VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. A movie file I have has sound on my computer. But when I burn it to DVD it has just this buzzing sound, no audio.
    I ran Video Inspector and it says I need codec A_EAC3.
    I can't find this codec anywhere. I don't understand codecs but I know you need them.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Dolby Digital Plus is E-AC-3: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Digital_Plus

Try eac3to to convert to AC-3

But other members may give better advice.
    And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you. I didn't know someone answered my question as I was notified...wonder why...
    OMG...I didn't know you could download an app to convert this. Many thanks, I'll give it a try!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I downloaded eac3to. I double clicked on the exe. file inside the folder. It looked like it was running something but when I converted the video again the audio is still nothing but a big buzz. Any ideas as to what I need to do? I've been converting and burning for 15 years and have never had such a time as I'm having with these files.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's a command line program, but there are GUIs to set up the parameters for it lower on the eac3to software page.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, Command Line was what I was thinking....than you. I'll take a look at the page again.
    Well I got a GNI but I don't know how to use it...LOL. I think I'll just move on as it looks too complicated for me.
    Last edited by Skeeter1; 17th Nov 2018 at 06:58.
    Quote Quote