VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys!!!

I'm new here, and sorry if my english sounds bad, I'm a brazilian...

I'm searching for a linux video recording software that performs the following things...

- BTTV compliant (video 4 linux) I have an Avermedia TVPhone 98 with FM Radio
    - PAL-M support (the video norm at my country is PAL-M) - (E.g. NTSC is used in USA)
    - Suport for various videos codecs (MPEG, DIVX, etc...) and options like bitrate
    - Audio support (without sync problems)
    - GUI based (I don't like and I don't want the console command line)
    - For the GUI can be: KDE, Gnome, GTK+, Athena and other X11 interfaces
    - and preferable with schedulling support (only start/stop times is needed for me)

I'm using the following linux distribution...

Slackware Linux 9.1 with Kernel 2.4.22

And my machine is not much powerfull, it's a simple Duron 750Mhz with Geforce 2 MX 32MB and 160MB of RAM

I would not like softwares like these:

Freevo and MythTV (I don't want to build a PVR here)

* PVR stands for Personal Video Record

My sincere thanx to everybody here and my best regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let me take a stab at it. I use Mandrake 10.1 & 10.2. I use streamer from the xawtv tools set. I belive this should work on your version of slack but with the speed of your system you might be of a disadvantage. I use streamer to record to mjpeg and then use tovid to encode to dvd/svcd. I then use tovid to encode it. Tovid uses mencoder to do the converting. Xawtv It will recod to your requirments if the speed dosn't kill it. You didn't say how much harddrive you have. I use about 15G for about 2 hr of svcd and more for dvd. With the system speed you have it might be better to go half-dvd which will use even less hd space and will have fewer droped frames.
    Quote Quote