VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have successfully ripped several DVDs now using Sefy's Classical Newbie Guide.

I assume these have all been fairly "standard" discs, since I haven't had to mess with many of the advanced settings in TMPGEnc, DVD2AVI, and SmartRipper.

What are these for and when do I need to use them?

Interlaced/Non-interlaced (TMPGEnc)
    All the video arrange options besides "Full Screen (keep aspect ratio 2)" (TMPEnc)
    Forced Film (DVD2AVI)

These are only a few of the many options that I haven't had to use yet... when are all of these needed? I only ask because it seems like there's just so much EXTRA STUFF!
    Quote Quote  
  2. As Churchill famously predicted when Chamberlain returned from Munich proclaiming peace in his time: "You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, Mirror_Image.

I guess what I really wanted to know is: When would anybody actually USE these settings?

Sefy has indicated in another thread that he NEVER has to do some of the stuff that others do, and following his guide, I've never had to either.
    Quote Quote  
  4. sefy's guides are for beginners. qualitative choices are limited for the sake of simplicity so as not to overwhelm. if the results you're getting are good enough for you then there is no reason to alter anything; however, know that it's possible to push your results further if you so desired
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just as stanwebber mentioned, my guides are aimed for newbie's, to help them get started, and get good results, there are more advanced guides, which would be a bit hard for beginers, but not for those who already know what they are doing, and teach how to tweak the settings more.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote