VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!
    I have a video from Amazon (WED-DL). He has problems, is it possible to remove interlace and 29.970->23.976?
    The bands are very clearly visible when moving in the frame.

MediaInfo - out_video_0_decrypted_fix.mp4.MediaInfo.txt
    Sample - out_video_0_decrypted_fix_sample.mkv

Quote Quote  
  2. Last edited by ProWo; 15th Feb 2020 at 04:25.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Actually ... "it's complicated". This is no clean Telecine, but an interlacing with blending. It may require something elaborate like SRestore. Or may be dead ... using a bobber to watch the fields separately, I see some strange wobbling and area-dependent blending as if a "smart" norm converter messed this content.

Flip between the attached adjacent fields and you may understand what I mean (he has a "jelly head" with drifting chrominance).
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	out_video_0_decrypted_fix_sample.02.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	386.4 KB
ID:	51866  

Click image for larger version

Name:	out_video_0_decrypted_fix_sample.03.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	390.4 KB
ID:	51867  

Last edited by LigH.de; 5th Feb 2020 at 06:06.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I understand, is it possible to at least reduce this video artifact?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Edit: LigH.de beat me to it.

Did you encode the sample or is it cut from the original?

It's hard to tell how it ended up the way it is as there's possibly problems on top of problems, but it was no doubt interlaced originally (or more accurately telecined), but it's encoded as progressive. That could be part of the problem, but there's lots of repeated frames, and when you separate the fields they should be clean. As you can see from the screenshot, the problem has been burned into the individual fields. If the original is the same as the sample, I think it's unfixable.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	51870  

Last edited by hello_hello; 5th Feb 2020 at 06:33.
    Quote Quote  
  6. to hello_hello,
    I cut out the sample using mkvtoolnix. This is the original video that was on Amazon.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Telecined video was resized vertically without consideration for the fact that it is interlaced. That has caused problems with the interlacing (the two fields are no longer completely separate). It is also encoded progressive causing the chroma of the two fields to mix together. AviSynth script:

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("out_video_0_decrypted_fix_sample.mkv") 
    Blur(0.0, 1.0) # blur the two fields together.
    Sharpen(0.0,0.7) # restore some of the vertical sharpness
    FixBlendIVTC() # fix the field blending
    TDecimate() # remove the extra frame
    That fixes the screwed up interlacing. It doesn't fix the blended chroma but it's pretty hard to see at normal playback speed.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  8. to jagabo,
    Thank you very much, it looks very good.

I only got this (ffmpeg):

Code:
    ffmpeg.exe -y -i "out_video_0_decrypted_fix_sample.mkv" -vf "yadif,setsar=1:1" -r 24000/1001 -map 0:0 -c:v libx264 -preset fast -crf 19 -an -f mp4 "out_video_0_decrypted_fix_sample_new.mp4"
    out_video_0_decrypted_fix_sample-new_tmp.mkv
    Quote Quote