VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello,

I'm trying to take a 3 disc svcd and join the 3 files to make 1 and burn to dvd-r. I've used the mpeg tools of tmpgenc to merge and cut movies before, but when I try to add the avseq01.mpg file, it shows up in the window, but when I try to double click it to enter edit mode so I can specify where I want to cut and join, the program either stops responding, or gives me a directshow error.

I have read other posts relating to this topic, and have tried to install mpeg2 plugings and codecs etc.. but still the same thing? Can anyone else share some info that might help? are they any other programs that I can use to join these 3 avseq01.mpg files together so I can burn them to a dvd-r?

thanks in advance..

the tourist
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    doesnt scvd2dvd do this for you ? (not sure -i dont use it but it looks like a great program)

http://www.svcd2dvdmpg.com/SVCD2DVDMPG/?
    Quote Quote  
  3. bjm,

thanks, I have never heard of it before, but I'm downloading it now to try it out. looks promising.

thanks again

the tourist
    Quote Quote  
  4. hmmm, nope svcd2dvd didn't seem to help either. I guess it's just something with this movie I have. when trying to open it in svcd2dvd, it gives me these messages
    -2 zeroes at start of file
    mpgtx: AT EOF - please stop me!
    mmm, this file does not start with a pack, offset: -2
    use the desperate_mode switch as the first option -X to search for a header in the whole file!
    if you want to force the operation. May yield to an endless loop if no valid header is found!
    Does not even begin with a 00 00 01 xx sequence!
    D:\MPEG2\Avseq01.mpg is not a valid mpeg file

******** Demultipexing original mpg files (step 1 of 4)

******** Resampling audio from 44.1 KHz to 48 KHz (step 2 of 4)

******** Multipexing elementry streams (step 3 of 4)

******** Patching video stream sequence headers (step 4 of 4)
    so i'm not sure of what to do now except give up. I've been trying to edit this movie for a couple of days now. movie plays fine in dvd player now, I just wanted to join the files together and put them on one dvd-r.. oh well
    Quote Quote