Page 37 of 40
FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1190
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    Originally Posted by vijm1972 View Post
    Chris I need to rename the output file as per the source created date and time not current date. Is it possible to add the same from media info?
    Does that date/time shows up in the metadata (look at the enabled "metadata manager" after you've loaded a file). Not every video clip contains that. In such case MediaInfo also shows nothing.

A few mxf test clips of mine show the "modification_date" key. Do you mean that?

Chris

I can get below information in source file media info

Duration : 01:00:04.239
    File creation date : UTC 2015-04-20 11:28:09.792
    File creation date (local) : 2015-04-20 16:58:09.792
    File last modification date : UTC 2015-04-20 03:00:06.372
    File last modification date (local) : 2015-04-20 08:30:06.372

But this information I am not getting in metadata, I wanted to use File creation date.
    I have require file name ass per below

Program Name_Channel Code_20_04_2015_16_58_09
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM

But this information I am not getting in metadata, I wanted to use File creation date.

I can get these dates from the Windows file properties. I already do that to collect the FFmpeg compile date.

Can you call up the windows file properties (right-click on the file in Windows explorer, select properties from menu). You then get a dialog with something like; Created, Modified, Last opened. Then please post which one of these three is the date you need. Windows seems to mix up these dates some way?

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM

I can get these dates from the Windows file properties. I already do that to collect the FFmpeg compile date.

Can you call up the windows file properties (right-click on the file in Windows explorer, select properties from menu). You then get a dialog with something like; Created, Modified, Last opened. Then please post which one of these three is the date you need. Windows seems to mix up these dates some way?

Chris
    I want to use modified date option.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    OK! That confirms what I have to use for FFmpeg compile date. One would expect creation date but that's what I meant with Windows mixing up the dates.

I can add that in the way you need it but what is...

If it is not part already of the source file name, I cannot add that.

Perhaps make it "Program Name_Channel Code_20042015_165809" to reduce the size of it a bit?

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    OK! That confirms what I have to use for FFmpeg compile date. One would expect creation date but that's what I meant with Windows mixing up the dates.

I can add that in the way you need it but what is...

If it is not part already of the source file name, I cannot add that.

Perhaps make it "Program Name_Channel Code_20042015_165809" to reduce the size of it a bit?

Chris
    Program name : Source File Name
    Channel Code : Fix Code for specific channel (For Zee TV Code is 180) There are multiple channels and each channel have separate code which I need to configure.

As per the requirement we can't change the file name.

Program Name_180_20_04_2015_16_58_09.wmv
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Channel Code : Fix Code for specific channel (For Zee TV Code is 180) There are multiple channels and each channel have separate code which I need to configure.

If you can't do it with ...

"Program Name_20_04_2015_16_58_09.wmv" or "Program Name_20042015_165809.wmv"

... I'm going into a lot of hassle that finally still appears to be unusable. I have no idea where to get that channel code and even if I had, I would not built in such a specific option for only a limited number (1) of users.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM

If you can't do it with ...

"Program Name_20_04_2015_16_58_09.wmv" or "Program Name_20042015_165809.wmv"

... I'm going into a lot of hassle that finally still appears to be unusable. I have no idea where to get that channel code and even if I had, I would not built in such a specific option for only a limited number (1) of users.

Chris

If you are not able to add channel code can you provide the option to rename the file as "Program Name_20_04_2015_16_58_09.wmv".
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    If you are not able to add channel code can you provide the option to rename the file as "Program Name_20_04_2015_16_58_09.wmv".
    Yes I can although I don't like this kind of formatting. I'll try to add a few date/time labels in the next Avanti version like @current_date, @source_date, perhaps @mxf_date if there is employ for it?

It then will be part of the option to join labels like -o "@destin1_path/@source1_name_@source_date.wmv"

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Chris can we capture TS stream in Avanti? Or is it possible through FFMPEG?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    From one of your ealier posts ...

I have one requirement in which I have to convert multi channel sources. Please find below example for your detail.

Source File Name as per below:
    1) Program Name1_Star
    2) Program Name2_Zee
    3) Program Name3_Disney
    4) Program Name4_HBO
    5) Program Name5_Discovery
    One may have its doubts about the legality of your activities. I'm not going to cooperate in such.

Chris can we capture TS stream in Avanti? Or is it possible through FFMPEG?
    Avanti has some support for the FFmpeg dshow device. I wouldn't use it myself for capture.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris K; 23rd Apr 2015 at 04:08. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    [QUOTE=Chris K;2386905]From one of your ealier posts ...

I have one requirement in which I have to convert multi channel sources. Please find below example for your detail.

Source File Name as per below:
    1) Program Name1_Star
    2) Program Name2_Zee
    3) Program Name3_Disney
    4) Program Name4_HBO
    5) Program Name5_Discovery
    One may have its doubts about the legality of your activities. I'm not going to cooperate in such.
    Chris we are working on a project for which we are officially or legally supporting client to monitor all these channels.
    Quote Quote  
  12. (Apparent) bug report for you....

Latest Avanti 0.9.2
    Latest static Win32 FFMPEG (ffmpeg-20150425-git-a3110be-win32-static)
    Win 8.1 x64 fully updated

First use, no weird settings, converting MPEG to AVI. Error log is short:

Code:
    AVANTI 0.9.2 - Error report - 25/04/2015 - 21:48:14
    module: AVANTI - line: 14277 - event: MAKE_FFMPSTATUS - code: 20
    *ERROR* [21:48:14] File: ":RES:avanti-092-main.gui" Line: 14278
    Parsing brackets, Failed on 'i)'
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by STilez View Post
    (Apparent) bug report for you....

Latest Avanti 0.9.2
    Latest static Win32 FFMPEG (ffmpeg-20150425-git-a3110be-win32-static)
    Win 8.1 x64 fully updated

First use, no weird settings, converting MPEG to AVI. Error log is short:

Code:
    AVANTI 0.9.2 - Error report - 25/04/2015 - 21:48:14
    module: AVANTI - line: 14277 - event: MAKE_FFMPSTATUS - code: 20
    *ERROR* [21:48:14] File: ":RES:avanti-092-main.gui" Line: 14278
    Parsing brackets, Failed on 'i)'
    I downloaded the same FFmpeg version but that seems ok and I don't have the issue here.

I'm afraid it's a Windows 7/8 compatibility issue. These can be very arbitrary. You could try the install path suggestions as given here ...

http://avanti.arrozcru.org/windows7.htm

You can also switch on the console mode <Ctrl-S> to see what happens. The FFmpeg status line should show a bitrate or n/a or nan. Anything else would generate the error you get.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been having an issue for quite a while that I have worked around but I'm getting tired of taking the time to fix this that I thought I would ask if there's a work around.

In order to edit my video in Pinnacle Studio I will often convert my master file to DV AVI, but sometimes the audio is not rendered completely, usually ending at random spots somewhere in the middle. I then load the master and rip the audio separately (which is always ok) then combine them in my editor. It's an extra step that's getting a bit tedious. sometimes it helps, as when I need to make adjustments and maybe even mix content with the original. But I get tired of the extra step.

Do you have any clues why this is happening?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by GoldenMeanie View Post
    I've been having an issue for quite a while that I have worked around but I'm getting tired of taking the time to fix this that I thought I would ask if there's a work around.

In order to edit my video in Pinnacle Studio I will often convert my master file to DV AVI, but sometimes the audio is not rendered completely, usually ending at random spots somewhere in the middle. I then load the master and rip the audio separately (which is always ok) then combine them in my editor. It's an extra step that's getting a bit tedious. sometimes it helps, as when I need to make adjustments and maybe even mix content with the original. But I get tired of the extra step.

Thanks.
    It must be something with your source or with FFmpeg. I'm in a PAL country and haven't much NTSC content to test but I found a short 29.97 fps clip. I loaded the NTSC DV (SD) template and had no issues with that.

Does Pinnacle Studio accepts HUFFYUV? If so, you could try that instead of DV. There are two templates for it at the UNI tab.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM

Thanks.
    It must be something with your source or with FFmpeg. I'm in a PAL country and haven't much NTSC content to test but I found a short 29.97 fps clip. I loaded the NTSC DV (SD) template and had no issues with that.

Does Pinnacle Studio accepts HUFFYUV? If so, you could try that instead of DV. There are two templates for it at the UNI tab.

Chris
    Pinnacle recognizes most codecs and I can use them as long as I'm licensed, but not sure about HUFFYUV. For some reason Pinnacle won't accept my unlocks for MPEG2 or MP4 anymore, so this is why I stick with DV and why I rely so much on Avanti. Might be time to upgrade but for short videos I use iMovie on my new phone now and it's great.

The file in question is very large, but I've converted large files before without a problem. It might be the master I'm converting from as there are a lot of drop outs and dead splices. Like I said I can usually work around it by ripping the audio separately and pasting it back with the video in the app and re-rendering a new DV file inside of Pinnacle, but it's pretty time consuming.

Additionally, if you remember a previous post about wishy washy artifacts on AAC Audio streams, it's something that I've noticed on almost all of the MP4's I've rendered with Avanti/FFMPeg now. The only time it was not noticeable was when I ripped the audio from the master creating a silent master, then added the audio to the second input line and rendered that way. It's the strangest thing. However luckily, I use Air Video HD for streaming and it converts to MP4 flawlessly so I just use that now. But I'm still boggled why this is an issue.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Additionally, if you remember a previous post about wishy washy artifacts on AAC Audio streams, it's something that I've noticed on almost all of the MP4's I've rendered with Avanti/FFMPeg now. The only time it was not noticeable was when I ripped the audio from the master creating a silent master, then added the audio to the second input line and rendered that way. It's the strangest thing. However luckily, I use Air Video HD for streaming and it converts to MP4 flawlessly so I just use that now. But I'm still boggled why this is an issue.
    Did you try to remux the mp4 clips with Avanti/FFmpeg with the "Rewrite PTS" box checked? FFmpeg -c copy isn't just a plain copy of the clip but takes the audio/video streams out of the source container and put them in a new FFmpeg like mp4 container. It does sometimes help with sort of broken clips.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Important!

I'm very sorry but I had to ask Baldrick to take off the new Avanti version 0.9.3. It has a fatal bug in the new batch conversion option that allows to write converted destination clips to the source folder.

There are occasions where the source clips could be deleted when you convert to the same container (e.g. from source mp4 to destination mp4).

I strongly advice not to convert clips from/to the same folder or perhaps better skip the use of version 0.9.3 at all. I have retracted version 0.9.3 at the official Avanti web site.

My apologies for the inconvenience,

Chris
    Last edited by Chris K; 9th May 2015 at 13:56. Reason: addition
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Hi
    It seems that not support AviSynth+, would you mind add it ?
    Thanks !!
    Last edited by Neroldy; 9th May 2015 at 07:33.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Neroldy View Post
    Hi
    Thanks !!
    I took quick look at it (32-bit version on XP). Avanti sees it if you install it in "Program Files/Avisynth" instead of "Program Files/Avisynth+". When I try a preview it says something like "Error opening file". The latest Zeranoe FFmpeg build crashes on it. After uninstall it left the avisynth.dll in the "Windows/System32" directory. I'll look at it again later.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Hi
    Thanks !!
    I took quick look at it (32-bit version on XP). Avanti sees it if you install it in "Program Files/Avisynth" instead of "Program Files/Avisynth+". When I try a preview it says something like "Error opening file". The latest Zeranoe FFmpeg build crashes on it. After uninstall it left the avisynth.dll in the "Windows/System32" directory. I'll look at it again later.

Chris
    Oh, Thanks !!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    @Neroldy

Did you read the post above?

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/282223-AVANTI-FFmpeg-Avisynth-GUI-%28support-thread...=1#post2389538

Please stick or revert to version 0.9.2 for safety reasons.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    @Neroldy

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/282223-AVANTI-FFmpeg-Avisynth-GUI-%28support-thread...=1#post2389538

Chris
    Yes, I read it before. So I just used 0.9.2.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    @Neroldy

Chris
    Yes, I read it before. So I just used 0.9.2.
    OK...! Thanks for letting me know.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  25. I'm trying to crop a video and can't seem to find the right settings to do it. What I want is a pure crop leaving the video otherwise unchanged and unscaled at whatever dimensions and aspect it makes. The source is 720x576 and I want to crop about 10px L, 10px R and 20px B to leave 700x556. I keep trying to convert a 20sec sample but can't find settings that give me an output video that's 700x556.

Any help? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  26. How to use Avanti to copy content from this sample media container created in Win 8.1 by Logitech Webcam Software LWS2.80 using DirectShow qcap.dll, to a standard media container like AVI without re-encoding, so it can play in any media player? It contains video 1920х1080 @ 15 fps MJPG и аудио 44.1 kHz 16 bit PCM footage samples from a Logitech webcam. LWS keeps saving into it captured footage until recording is stopped, and then re-encodes it to WMV by using videoC.dll (which likely contains its format description) and deletes. If LWS or PC crashes, the only file recovered is that container with recorded camera footage.

If not, can someone suggest any other tools capable of analyzing and converting that file? Logitech didn't post its format anywhere AFAIK, and neither gives any means to view the content, but it merely contains native webcam MJPG video and PCM audio streams.
    Last edited by zamar27; 30th May 2015 at 22:42.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    @zamar27

I'm afraid I can't be of much help with this. I suppose you've already tried and FFmpeg can't read it? Does MediaInfo says something about it? If not, it could be a proprietary format or perhaps headerless.

I suggest to start a separate thread where you post it as a more general question, not related to any particular video converter. This might increase your chance on any help.

@STilez

At the crop/scale/pad page you can set the C/P/S process order. Then if you set your crop values, the "Picture area (src)" fields show 700x556. Then at the "Destination size" field above type that size as 700x556 and press the enter key to store it.

If this this is a one time only thing, you can double-click on the "Frame size" field at the main page to remove the temporary size (it's at the bottom of the list).

There probably are other FFmpeg guis that do not need these extra steps. Perhaps take a look at FFqueue or Hybrid . Avanti has became "technically" outdated. It lacks things like unicode support, DPI awareness etc. which by now should be standard for any application. I'm not sure if there will be any updates in the future.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  28. I tried to add a standard AVI header to that file, but some popular tools I tested couldn't convert it into an indexed avi anyway. Opened a separate thread, but I doubt to get any solution from it. May be just generic hints "try this or that" from folks lazy to try themselves but wanted to look smart. Its strange though a continuous video footage recorded in widespread MJPG format can't be read by a scope of specialized tools specially dedicated to fix video file errors.

If such tools must be given a detail format description each and every time, what's their value as video recovery tools?
    Last edited by zamar27; 31st May 2015 at 14:18.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Important!

I'm very sorry but I had to ask Baldrick to take off the new Avanti version 0.9.3. It has a fatal bug in the new batch conversion option that allows to write converted destination clips to the source folder.

There are occasions where the source clips could be deleted when you convert to the same container (e.g. from source mp4 to destination mp4).

I strongly advice not to convert clips from/to the same folder or perhaps better skip the use of version 0.9.3 at all. I have retracted version 0.9.3 at the official Avanti web site.

My apologies for the inconvenience,

Chris
    I Tryed AVANTI 0.9.2
    but error to "Missing required FFmpeg component(s) at the current 'ffmpeg' folder".
    of course,ffmpeg.exe copy to \AVANTI\Ffmpeg\

i'm tryed ffmpeg Version are
    - ffmpeg-20150507-git-9253cc4-win32-static
    - ffmpeg-20150407-git-c4b2017-win32-static
    - ffmpeg-20150407-git-235589e-win32-static
    - ffmpeg-20150406-git-ba54512-win32-static
    that's all version error message to.

ffmpeg of which version should be used?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by intiki View Post
    I Tryed AVANTI 0.9.2
    but error to "Missing required FFmpeg component(s) at the current 'ffmpeg' folder".
    of course,ffmpeg.exe copy to \AVANTI\Ffmpeg\

i'm tryed ffmpeg Version are
    - ffmpeg-20150507-git-9253cc4-win32-static
    - ffmpeg-20150407-git-c4b2017-win32-static
    - ffmpeg-20150407-git-235589e-win32-static
    - ffmpeg-20150406-git-ba54512-win32-static
    that's all version error message to.

ffmpeg of which version should be used?
    The last FFmpeg version tested with Avanti 0.9.2 was the Zeranoe build ...

- ffmpeg version N-71959-g9253cc4 (the first one at your list).

Avanti expects both ffmpeg.exe and ffplay.exe at the ffmpeg folder (no need to copy ffprobe.exe).

If you did copy ffplay and are on Windows 7 or 8, it may be a compatibility issue and you may need to change the install location.

http://avanti.arrozcru.org/windows7.htm

Chris
    Quote Quote