VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I’ve got a Mac Pro running OS High Sierra, and I’m looking for a solid external Blu-ray reader/burner.

I bought a MthsTec external BR drive off Amazon but it doesn’t even appear on my screen, and the manual is less than no help. I’m thinking of returning it and getting something else, but I’m struggling to find a good option.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    Hi, I’ve got a Mac Pro running OS High Sierra, and I’m looking for a solid external Blu-ray reader/burner.

I bought a MthsTec external BR drive off Amazon but it doesn’t even appear on my screen, and the manual is less than no help. I’m thinking of returning it and getting something else, but I’m struggling to find a good option.
    did you download the blu-ray player/burner software on your mac ?? - see under product description - https://www.amazon.com/External-MthsTec-Blu-Ray-Optical-Compatible/dp/B07SZKNRF2
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Hi, I’ve got a Mac Pro running OS High Sierra, and I’m looking for a solid external Blu-ray reader/burner.

did you download the blu-ray player/burner software on your mac ?? - see under product description - https://www.amazon.com/External-MthsTec-Blu-Ray-Optical-Compatible/dp/B07SZKNRF2
    I did download the recommended player (MacGo). It doesn’t even work when I tested it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [The] drive […] doesn’t even appear on my screen
    The drive is not supposed to appear on your screen, but the (non-blank) media is. [example]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Best external Blu-ray burner drive for Mac?
    See Other World Computing for upgrades, gear, and accessories. Even if just for the information.
    Quote Quote