VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi can anyone help me please, I have a Mini Mac running boot camp with windows 10 late 2012 nice but not super fast, my wife has the best Mac its a 27 inch 5k retina and it flies, don't ask how she got that one but she did, any way I do a lot of GOPRO video authoring using TitaniumToast and an external Blu ray burner to burn, any way when it comes to the authoring I use her Mac as its faster I did suggest that it would be best for me to have hers and her mine, we have time machine for Both Macs SO can I swop the Macs over and then back up the wifes machine to my Time Machine and vice versa bearing in mind I am running boot camp, I have GOOGLED it and it says you can but as i have bootcamp will it partition the drives etc ??.
    Thanks in advance...
    Aldinho.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Bootcamp AND time machine swapping is NOT a good combination.

Just have BC on both with 2 login profiles on each and skip TM except as a true backup.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Scott I was as you can tell a trifle bit uneasy about the situation its alright saying on the Apple help section yes do it its Fine but how many Macs are running bootcamp as well ?.
    thanks again will stick with what I have got,
    Aldinho...
    Quote Quote