VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone, new here, with a new problem!

I'm using PotPlayer as my main playback program these days, it's great but I'm having a hard time figuring out one thing:

If I'm playing a playlist in shuffle mode, is there a way for each item to be played only once? What's happening at the moment is videos are getting repeated even before every other item on the list has been played, I'd just like to be able to shuffle a playlist without seeing the same videos twice... This used to be an easy enough thing to do with VLC, but ideally I'd prefer to use PotPlayer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, should've mentioned - I'm using PotPlayer (64-bit) version 1.6.58402 under Windows 10.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nobody?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's how I've found to do it:
    1. Add the songs you want to play to your playlist. (I prefer to select them in a file window, right-click one of the selected files, then click "Add to PotPlayer playlist".)
    2. In PotPlayer, if the playlist isn't visible, press F6 to show it.
    3. Right-click any song in the playlist; point to Sort, then click Randomly. (I couldn't get the shortcut shown there, Ctrl+F9, to work.) The playlist is sorted in random order.
    4. Click the first song in the list to select it, then click the Play button. PP plays through the list as shown, without repeats (unless you have repeating set in general).
    Sorting is reset back to normal each time you exit and restart PP. I haven't found a way to get Random sorting by default.

There also seems to be a bug (in the version I'm using, at least) that prevents further songs from being added to the playlist once Random sorting is selected. Maybe it'll be fixed by the time you read this.
    Quote Quote