VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What's the best program to make a 1:1 copy of full DVDs, and included everything on it untouched (menus, all the extras, subtitles, audios) etc. I don't want to use MakeMKV, I want to rip the full DVD to an ISO.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    IMGBURN or ISOBUSTER

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    IMGBURN or ISOBUSTER

Claudio
    I'm getting copyright issues with ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AnyDVD or DVDFab are about your only options, to the best of my knowledge
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If it's an older DVD, DVDDecrypter and DVDShrink can do it if memory serves me correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    If it's an older DVD, DVDDecrypter and DVDShrink can do it if memory serves me correctly.
    The DVDs are from 2001 to 2010, would there be issues with those years?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by billybatts View Post
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Those titles were last updated 2005/2004.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by billybatts View Post
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I'm assuming they are commercial DVDs, so you will need to decrypt them. AnyDVD or DVDFab Decrypter are the only real alternatives now for ripping protected DVDs. There is a limited fully functional download of AnyDVD and I prefer it over DVDFab Decrypter

https://www.redfox.bz/en/anydvdhd.html

You could also try DVDDecrypter (its old but free and might still work on older DVD protections), it was developed by the same author of IMGBurn but was told to stop developing it or face very expensive court costs for breaking DVD protection. Hence it become IMGBurn with the DVD decryption removed. Not really updated anymore but still one of the better DVD/CD burning/ripping software as it features on quality of rips/burns not how fast it can

http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/SetupDVDDecrypter_3.5.4.0.exe
    Quote Quote  
  9. You could also try RipIt4Me. It uses DVD Decrypter and DVDShrink to do the work, and I think it adds to their ability to rip protected discs.

Development of RipIt4Me ended a long time ago too, but it's been a long time since I've tried to rip a DVD it couldn't handle.
    I can't remember what it's called, but there's a copy protection that causes ripping software to see the disc as containing something like 40GB worth of files. I think it's mostly found on Disney DVDs. I haven't seen one of those in a long time myself, but unfortunately it won't rip those without something like AnyDVD running in the background to remove the protection.

I don't rip DVDs much any more, but according to RipIt4Me most of the ones I have ripped haven't been copy protected anyway. Maybe the studios don't bother as much for DVDs these days. I assume it costs $$ to licence a copy protection scheme.
    Quote Quote  
  10. RipIt4Me + DVD Decrypter seems to be the way to go. I'll see how it goes, my DVDs have yet to arrive. I hope it's enough to do the trick.

Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    You could also try RipIt4Me. It uses DVD Decrypter and DVDShrink to do the work, and I think it adds to their ability to rip protected discs.

Development of RipIt4Me ended a long time ago too, but it's been a long time since I've tried to rip a DVD it couldn't handle.
    I can't remember what it's called, but there's a copy protection that causes ripping software to see the disc as containing something like 40GB worth of files. I think it's mostly found on Disney DVDs. I haven't seen one of those in a long time myself, but unfortunately it won't rip those without something like AnyDVD running in the background to remove the protection.

I don't rip DVDs much any more, but according to RipIt4Me most of the ones I have ripped haven't been copy protected anyway. Maybe the studios don't bother as much for DVDs these days. I assume it costs $$ to licence a copy protection scheme.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by steptoe View Post

I'm assuming they are commercial DVDs, so you will need to decrypt them. AnyDVD or DVDFab Decrypter are the only real alternatives now for ripping protected DVDs. There is a limited fully functional download of AnyDVD and I prefer it over DVDFab Decrypter

Figured it'd be better to bump this thread rather than to creating a whole new thread. Is it still like this to this day? That the most recent trial version of AnyDVD offers full functionality and equally good outputs as the retail version?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Desve View Post
    Originally Posted by steptoe View Post

Figured it'd be better to bump this thread rather than to creating a whole new thread. Is it still like this to this day? That the most recent trial version of AnyDVD offers full functionality and equally good outputs as the retail version?
    Also DVDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab DVD Copy and Blu-ray Copy. It copies entire DVD/Blu-ray movie to hard drive, and removes all the DVD protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) and part of Blu-ray protections while copying. NOTE! The decryption, DVD to HDD and Blu-ray to HDD, is FREE, if you want more features then it's a trialware. Can ONLY rip DVDs and Blu-rays released before 2018, only with limited copy modes and conversion profiles.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM

for the most part yes, although I've noticed disc decryption has slowed down quite a bit now that
    streaming downloaders are out.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Free alternative: copy the VIDEO_TS folder onto a PC
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    Free alternative: copy the VIDEO_TS folder onto a PC
    That won't work unless the DVD is not copy-protected.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    +1

If the DVD isn't copy protected, DVDShrink will work.
    Quote Quote  
  17. https://dvdsmith.com/

or

http://dvddecrypter.org.uk/

I just used the latter on some discs sI bought this year, 2022.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by october262 View Post

for the most part yes, although I've noticed disc decryption has slowed down quite a bit now that
    streaming downloaders are out.
    Ok, good to know. As long as I don't have to redo the rips. 21 days is plenty of time. I read that it was a bit tricky to purchase the software too, with Paypal and some banks which didn't let the payment go through in some cases.
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post

Also DVDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab DVD Copy and Blu-ray Copy. It copies entire DVD/Blu-ray movie to hard drive, and removes all the DVD protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) and part of Blu-ray protections while copying. NOTE! The decryption, DVD to HDD and Blu-ray to HDD, is FREE, if you want more features then it's a trialware. Can ONLY rip DVDs and Blu-rays released before 2018, only with limited copy modes and conversion profiles.
    That's a good option for sure. I think I used it a long time ago, and didn't face any issues with it back then
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    The thing is, if you credit a bunch of the user reviews here, the RedFox Co. has as bad or worse a rep on the financial transaction and customer support end as does Fengtao (DVDFab).

If we're just talking about DVD, even latter day commercial ones, what I've been using with mostly good results is Win-X DVD Copy Pro, from Digiaty. (Which I don't think has ever been included in the Tools section here, for whatever reason.) It seems to handle the copy protections well . . . unless I've been exceptionally lucky in the selection of discs. And it does clone from DVD to ISO as one of the options.

There is another such software whose ads turn up in my inbox every so often, making major claims. Can't recall the name now, but I think the company that markets it has the word "Ocean" in its title ? But I've never tried it, and so have nothing to contribute on its functionality.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote