VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. VLC v 3.0.18 'Vetinari' Win 11 desktop. nvidia 1070 running two monitors

With preferences at default, opening VLC by double clicking certain mp4 videos causes VLC to open too big for one screen and spreads across two. But it is only certain videos, not all, but all are mp4

It is fine if I run a video from an open VLC.

But it does not remember the last window/size if I set it first then close with 'x'

I have played with numerous settings but none are effective.

Any suggestions welcome, thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I would suggest:
    a. try latest nightly (https://nightlies.videolan.org/)
    b. report issue to developers (https://www.videolan.org/support/#bugs)
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried the mosdt recent nightly but just the same so will send a bug report. But odd I'm the only one! Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. VLC two-monitors support, is hard due to output problems that the program cannot run. Nightly built, is good but has many bugs.
    If it doesnt needed, better stay on one-monitor, is better for your hardware acceleration also.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bwallx,
    Here's my work around.
    Works for both single and dual monitors.
    First, VLC is set as the default program for your file type. You are going to change one Option from the default Preferences. VLC version 3.0.18
    1) Double-click the file you want to play with VLC. VLC opens and starts playing the file.
    2) Tools > Preferences > Show settings > switch from Simple to All (at the bottom left)
    3) Click, Video (left side)
    4) Scroll all the way down on Right side
    5) Change "Zoom video" from 1.00 to whatever size you like using the little Up/Down arrows. You can also highlight then type a value into the box.
    6) Save
    7) Close VLC
    Now when you double-click a VLC associated filename, VLC opens in a scaled window based on the percentage you set under Zoom video... and it remembers

creakndale
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by creakndale View Post
    bwallx,
    Here's my work around.
    Works for both single and dual monitors.
    First, VLC is set as the default program for your file type. You are going to change one Option from the default Preferences. VLC version 3.0.18
    1) Double-click the file you want to play with VLC. VLC opens and starts playing the file.
    2) Tools > Preferences > Show settings > switch from Simple to All (at the bottom left)
    3) Click, Video (left side)
    4) Scroll all the way down on Right side
    5) Change "Zoom video" from 1.00 to whatever size you like using the little Up/Down arrows. You can also highlight then type a value into the box.
    6) Save
    7) Close VLC
    Now when you double-click a VLC associated filename, VLC opens in a scaled window based on the percentage you set under Zoom video... and it remembers

creakndale
    +1 ! I didnt knew that ! Thanks also !
    Quote Quote