VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SBS YouTube-DL GUI updated to v1.3. See Post #39.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List, has been updated to v3.8 at Post #23. Includes a new screenshot of Options window.

This is a major update, giving better support for SBS YouTube-DL GUI. Significant effort has gone into making it easier to use on the selection & download front.
    Last edited by Tombs; 8th Jul 2017 at 13:57.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v1.6. See Post #52. New screenshots.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v1.7. See Post #52.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v1.8. See Post #52.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v1.9. See Post #52. New screenshot.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v2.0. See Post #52.

Highly recommended update due to several bugfixes & improvements.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a bit confusing. how about adding the latest version d/l links on the first post? :O
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kamala View Post
    This is a bit confusing. how about adding the latest version d/l links on the first post? :O
    In what way is it confusing?
    The program that the topic is about, has its links at the first post.

The other somewhat related/supplementary (extra) programs have their links always at their first posts. All are found either on page 1 or page 2.

How did you find out about whatever program it is that you are interested in? And what program is that?
    Depending on how you came to this topic, you should have access to a direct link to the posts in question.
    If you are returning as a regular, you should know where the important posts are.

I have very deliberately done things the way I have, for a reason. That reason however, has changed over time, so I have been considering putting links in the first post, to the other programs ... just not done it yet, and I also don't want to clutter up the first post.

My main target audience, usually come here via an updated direct link I provide elsewhere. If you come here via something like a Google Search, then I have not really catered for that ... in full. Plus I would have thought that gave a direct link to the relevant program post ... unless a more general search.

Every time I update one of the programs, I post about it at the end of the topic (last post) and provide a direct link. Scrolling the last page in this topic, should give you relatively quick access to links to all the programs in this topic ... except those I am no longer updating, and are really redundant now, so not recommended.

EDIT
    I have just rediscovered I already have links in the first post to a few of the other programs. I just need to add a couple more ... perhaps make things clearer.
    SBS Users might be interested in another two GUI I whipped up ... see Post #17 and Post #23.
    ALL might be interested in another GUI of mine at Post #39 for using youtube-dl.exe instead.
    Last edited by Tombs; 29th Jul 2017 at 23:16. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v2.1. See Post #52.

IMPORTANT update due to major bugfixes in regard to SBS urls and others that have spaces.
    Last edited by Tombs; 30th Jul 2017 at 21:22.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List, has been updated to v3.9 at Post #23.

Users may need to browse (or re-browse) for each of the default programs (if they use them/have them installed somewhere non-default), to reset paths for use with the LIST and Open Downloads Folder buttons. This is especially applicable to URLDown Dropper and SBS YouTube-DL GUI.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v2.2. See Post #52.

Finally, chapters for MKV files, placed at every 5 minutes ... 3 minutes if video is less than 7 minutes. See updated Instructions.
    NOTE - The MKV file has '_chaps' appended to its file name. That means you have an extra MKV file, and any subtitle file won't work with the chapterized one, unless '_chaps' is removed ... or added to the subtitle (SRT) file name. I may simplify this at a later time, to save some hassle from the user.

REQUEST - If any user sees any odd text show up in a subtitle text, please take note of it and post here about it. So far I have catered for ampersand and single quote, which were designated by the following codes - & (ampersand) ' (quote). I imagine there are more codes.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v2.3. See Post #52.

NOTE - Improved how chapterized files are named, with source MKV file being renamed instead.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Good! Landlord, you can consider doing one, you can drag and drop pages automatically call the local player [mpv or vlc] to watch the network video or live software?

Your current software is focused on downloading

If there is a play, it is perfect!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dou2019 View Post
    ..... If there is a play, it is perfect!
    Thanks for your kind thoughts, interest & suggestion.

Here's the rub.

The URLDown Dropper had a simple beginning, and it was originally intended to maintain that simplicity. However, we have come a ways since then, and the feature list & complexity have grown, while also trying to adhere to some degree of simplicity still.

When I started there was a big list of possibilities and a smaller list of probables. The former has shrunk and the latter grown. Having a PLAY option is still on the former list, and not something needed to complement existing elements, and that is not likely to change any time soon. I personally don't feel a need for it, and that is what governs most of my choices. Sometimes I just do things, for the exercise and to see if I can .... but don't hold your breath waiting for that one.

Have you checked out other programs to get what you want? There seems to be an ever growing list of GUI (frontends) for youtube-dl.

In any case, I am now at the winding back stage ... almost time for a break and to concentrate on other stuff. I now just need to tidy up a few loose ends, and add some more future proofing elements.

Perhaps in a month or three I might reconsider other features like a PLAY option, but right now I am not prepared to even look into what's needed, and how much more cluttered the Dropper might become. On the bright side though, I provide the full source code, so anyone else is welcome to attempt/add a PLAY option.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v2.4. See Post #52.

NOTE - Hopefully I have dealt with remaining loose ends, and bugs aside, can now take a break.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v2.5. See Post #52.

NOTE - More loose ends realized, and some bugs found (one major), plus belated improvement ideas added ... maybe now I can take a break and continue working on my RAM Disk program.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some users of URLDown Dropper, may have noticed that there is occasionally a case issue with some video titles. This occurs, because the program applies what is called Propercase to the title, after replacing any dashes with spaces, but it doesn't deal well with words like – Don't or Bill's ... turning them instead into – Don'T and Bill'S.

Luckily, a new feature added to the latest version, in the Other Options menu item, called – Add or Edit Title Replacements, lets you add a fix for such errors. Just add the following onto the end of the existing entry.

||'S|'s||'T|'t||'L|'l||'M|'m||'V|'v||'D|'d
    I may add my own version of Propercase, that I call Titlecase, into a future update of the Dropper, once I dig it up. It even deals with other issues like MacDonald or McDonald, etc ... so you don't get Macdonald or Mcdonald.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Went to download the latest URLDown Dropper and get blocked by BitDefender warning that ;

'Bitdefender blocked this page
    The page you are trying to access contains Gen:Variant.Strictor.141084.'

anyone else getting this?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not me. Is it the web page itself or only when you click the link to download?
    My file should be fine, but as always when these things occur, let VirusTotal be your guide.

Just checked my file with them myself, and disconcerting to see 14 out of 64 false positives ... but at least the large majority say it is ok.

If my file was signed (not going to happen) it would probably mean less false positives, but really, some are quite slack with their generic testing.

Yes, my program runs another executable (youtube-dl.exe).
    Yes, my program downloads another executable (youtube-dl.exe update).
    Yes, my program can download (via youtube-dl.exe) other files ... a video ... and some small ones (Description Text, Thumbnail, Subtitle files).

So on a very shallow check, it could be seen as a scary downloader.

For those who are really concerned, my source files are provided in the zip file. You could download AutoIt, and compile my script yourself. That way you rule out a third party infection (piggyback) of my executable. Other than that scenario, my code itself doesn't do anything it shouldn't ... no adware or spyware etc.
    Last edited by Tombs; 12th Aug 2017 at 02:07.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    When I click on the download link for the zip file , BItDefender just blocks the page and throws up that warning. No problem view the forum otherwise.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    I bypassed the warning download the file, scanned locally and got a warning then uploaded to VirusTotal and got 11 warnings.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	virus found.PNG
Views:	108
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	42812

Might want to check it. May be a false positive but 11 virus engines don't like it.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by paulmacc View Post
    I bypassed the warning download the file, scanned locally and got a warning then uploaded to VirusTotal and got 11 warnings.

Might want to check it. May be a false positive but 11 virus engines don't like it.
    Did you read all of my reply above before posting? Probably not, as you were still typing your response I imagine. Timing is all I guess.
    Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    Just checked my file with them myself, and disconcerting to see 14 out of 64 false positives ... but at least the large majority say it is ok.
    And now it is only 11 not 14 giving a false positive. I'll let you guess exactly what it is I need to check.
    Last edited by Tombs; 12th Aug 2017 at 03:16.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v2.6. See Post #52. Two new screenshots.

NOTE - I have now provided options to choose your own colors. I have also given the 'S' and 'L' buttons both CTRL and SHIFT alternate usage. The 'Right-click HERE for Menu' label, now also acts as a PASTE URL button when clicked (in addition to its prior ability with iView Ripper using CTRL).

'S' button
    START the Batch process.
    + CTRL = PASTE URL(s).
    + SHIFT = Run the Conversion Dropbox.
    'L' button
    Open the Batch process LIST.
    + CTRL = Open the Downloads Folder.
    + SHIFT = Open the Log.txt file.
    'Right-click HERE for Menu' label
    (when left-clicked)
    Pastes URL(s) into the drop field.
    + CTRL = Grabs URL from the Ripper 'Show information' window, and paste into drop field.
    (when right-clicked)
    Shows the Menu with all the URLDown Dropper options.
    Red 'X' button (top right)
    Exit the URLDown Dropper program.
    + CTRL = Minimize the program window (GUI).
    Last edited by Tombs; 31st Dec 2017 at 09:34.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for checking Tombs.

Didn't mean to question the integrity of the project, just being cautious when I download something for the first time from somewhere I haven't been before. I thought it would just be a false positive, but wanted to check with you first just in case the website had been hacked.( As mine has been a couple of times!)

So I'll try again with the new version and tell Bit Defender to add and exemption.

Keep up the great work. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by paulmacc View Post
    Thanks for checking Tombs ........Didn't mean to question the integrity of the project, just being cautious ........ I'll try again with the new version and tell Bit Defender to add and exemption.

Keep up the great work. Thanks
    No problemo, and it always pays to be cautious.

It does get frustrating for those of us who code with a language like AutoIt. It is so easy to use, that script kiddies often use it for nefarious things like Bots and malware, etc. Which means that those of us who share our projects with others, often run into AV issues ... so we have become used to false positives ... if not so much with older versions of AutoIt ... but I guess that just means the bad coders are using the current/latest version to further their bad intent. I need to use the latest version for the URL dropbox ability.

My pleasure, cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v2.7. See Post #52. One new screenshot.

NOTE - I have added a Proxy option for SBS users, but I have not tested it, so feedback would be welcome. This post inspired me to add it for those who have trouble. It only works with an SBS URL, so if you want to use a Proxy all the time (i.e. you are overseas, not in AUS), then just use the other new option to add the full proxy (command & address) to the Extra Parameters for youtube-dl. Don't do both though.
    Last edited by Tombs; 13th Aug 2017 at 12:00.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v2.8. See Post #52.

NOTE - Basically just a bugfix for a DFXP subtitle conversion issue.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List, has been updated to v4.0 at Post #23. Includes a new screenshot of Main window.
    Last edited by Tombs; 20th Aug 2017 at 17:52.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v2.9. See Post #52.

NOTE - This update is of doubtful benefit for most users I imagine. I wanted it for greater compatibility with the naming of files saved by GetSBS List (i.e. Image and NFO files), as it saves me having to manually rename a few files for each video. I prefer the image file saved by GetSBS List over the much smaller and lower quality thumbnail saved by youtube-dl.

If the option is enabled, all it does is ensure a dash exists between Episode Number and Episode Title.
    (i.e. Series 1 Ep 1 - It started with a kiss).
    Last edited by Tombs; 20th Aug 2017 at 18:16.
    Quote Quote