VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. OK, you guys are great. I've been spending alot of time reading and have learned quite a bit. However, I curious to what settings other users with my similar set-up are using. Are you capturing to AVI, MPEG1, or MPEG2? Ulead gives you many options to capture to. I haven't had much luck capturing to MPEG2? I've enabled DMA and have a decent PC processor, memory, hard drive. Let me know-
    Thanks, Sam
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are confused by Ulead (me too when I first used it). In fact you can choose anything at the beginning, and then capture. Now all the data are saved as *.avi (not such as mpg1, mpg2, etc...). Later encode the avi to what you want. Ulead made a stupid design for this isuue.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I can't remember the detail about Ulead VideoStudio 4, but in VideoStudio 5, you do can capture directly to MPEG-1 or MPEG-2.

Most likely VideoStudio 4 can also do that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I capture to DV avi, then convert to MPG2 using TMPG. The software itself does a horrible conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks! I will capture to AVI and then convert to MPEG2. I just want to be able to play on the computer for now. Next step is to learn how to convert to DVD. Any additional comments are welcomed.

Thanks Again,
    Sam
    Quote Quote