VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I normally use Jaksta for downloading live YouTube streams but it's not working at the moment, there will hopefully be a new extraction engine to cope with YouTube changes soon.

In the meantime I've installed YouTube ByClick, which is working - but I can't see how to stop/save a live stream download before it auto-finishes.

(It is different from Jaksta, in that it downloads live streams from the start of the current streaming period rather than from the moment the URL is entered - a nuisance for me but I can manage.)

There appears to be no support on the website beyond what they consider to be FAQs, in which my question does not feature, as far as I can see.

I'm only using the free version as yet, because I don't need the (many) extra features offered by the keenly-priced Premium.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LZAA View Post
    Thank you, LZAA

I downloaded youtube-dl-gui 64-bit because I'm not used to using command lines - and I download other streams besides YouTube's, as well as screen-capture, so I need to be able to click quick!

youtube-dl-gui says "May require ffmpeg (put ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe in same folder as youtube-dl-gui.exe)."

I've can't work out how to get the necessary exe files unzipped into one folder, and am now so addled I have to give up as I have loads of other downloads/screen-captures going on here :'(

Also, all my "installation files", ie exe files, are saved to D drive, not C, but if I have a shortcut on desktop that shouldn't matter, should it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. "put ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe in same folder as youtube-dl-gui.exe"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried that, LZAA, but the ffmpeg exes wouldn't paste into the folder. I wish they'd give exe files to download instead of zips

You'd better not waste any more time on me, I am too committed to too many tasks to be able to dedicate my time to this task.

I have found that Freemake will open/navigate the YouTubeByClick downloads while they're still going on (VirtualDub can't do it), so I'll have to manage somehow - but it's a nuisance not being able to download from the current time and not include the history of the stream.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    UPDATE - Jaksta have now managed to adjust their software to work with the YT live streams, so I am not under pressure any more. But it would be good to have youtube-dl-gui in reserve.
    Quote Quote