VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Remember I am using AVStoDVD to make this conversion. I load this script into it.
    Forget Avs2DVD.
    Is there a way to do it with VirtualDubMod as you suggest?
    No, VDub(Mod) isn't an MPEG-2 encoder. All it's good for here is to test out scripts before sending to the encoder (HCEnc, in your case).

Here's the full script I used for that reencode of the sample:

LoadPlugin("D:\AviSynth Stuff\Dlls\DGDecode.dll")
    LoadPlugin("D:\AviSynth Stuff\Dlls\RePAL.dll")
    LoadCPlugin("D:\AviSynth Stuff\Dlls\Yadif.dll")
    MPEG2Source("E:\Test\Test.d2v")
    Yadif(Mode=1,Order=1)
    RePAL()
    Crop(0,58,0,-62)
    Lanczos4Resize(Width,480)
    AssumeFPS(25) #for HCEnc

Adjust for your names and paths. Open your script in VDub(Mod) to test it out. If there's an error message you don't understand, post it here. I added that last line because HCEnc requires the script to have a DVD compliant framerate. I encoded mine using CCE, which doesn't have that same requirement and didn't need that last line. I guess you know that your D2V needs to be made in DGIndex using the default Field Operation of "Honor Pulldown Flags". Encode as 16:9.

When done, open the MPV or M2V, or whatever HCEnc hands back to you, in DGPulldown with the "Custom" box ticked and 24.975->29.97 filled in. When done you'll have an interlaced 29.97fps output M2V, ready to be authored with the AC3 audio, subs, and chapters right from the source DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Manono,

First of all I would like to apologize for not having reported back earlier telling on the results I got.

Things went beautifully and I could get a new DVD that looks better than the original. The image problem was solved. The script worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
  3. You're welcome. Good going!
    Quote Quote