VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. say you have a video that is 640x480 and 25fps and you render it in 1280x720 and 30fps will that distort the video and lowers the quality? is it best to keep it as the original format?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    640*480 is native 4:3. 1280*720 is native 16:9. So going from the first to the second will stretch/distort the video.

If you want to upscale 4:3 then you would chose 960*720

Generally, any additional render will lower actual quality. You would have to increase the bitrate to compensate for the larger image but real quality is still lost.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by videomaker123 View Post
    say you have a video that is 640x480 and 25fps and you render it in 1280x720 and 30fps will that distort the video and lowers the quality? is it best to keep it as the original format?
    Simple answer is YES to both of your questions.

640x480 -> 1280x720 stretches the video horizontally (4:3 -> 16:9), unless you add borders and/or force the display aspect ratio and set the sample aspect ratio correctly (assuming that your playback device can handle it properly).
    25fps to 30fps speeds the runtime up and may desync video and audio unless you telecine or interpolate it properly.

So yes, it is often best to keep it at the original format unless you know exactly what you are doing.
    Of course you can always try and see what you get
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Originally Posted by videomaker123 View Post
    say you have a video that is 640x480 and 25fps and you render it in 1280x720 and 30fps will that distort the video and lowers the quality? is it best to keep it as the original format?

640x480 -> 1280x720 stretches the video horizontally (4:3 -> 16:9), unless you add borders and/or force the display aspect ratio and set the sample aspect ratio correctly (assuming that your playback device can handle it properly).
    25fps to 30fps speeds the runtime up and may desync video and audio unless you telecine or interpolate it properly.

So yes, it is often best to keep it at the original format unless you know exactly what you are doing.
    will i have black border around my video if i upload in 640x480?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by videomaker123 View Post
    Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Originally Posted by videomaker123 View Post

will i have black border around my video if i upload in 640x480?
    Upload to where? It depends on the hoster how he processes it. Just try.
    Quote Quote