VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.

I have a Windows 10 disk. But it's not recognized during the boot.
    This is I don't know how can I make it auto bootable and the
    advices in the internet are not very clear and are not very comprehensive for me.
    Can anyone teach me how can I do step by step?

Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There are 1000 reasons why windows does not boot anymore.
    Does it not boot after a failed update, is the hard drive from another computer, what partition type does the hard drive have (MBR/GPT), etc.
    More information please.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Most motherboards bios/uefi have bootmenu's, find the right key and select your Windows cd from the menu.
    If this does not work most likely your Windows disk is not recognized or not bootable
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Skip the disk, it's probably wildly outdated by now. Download an installer here Windows 10 Download either create a bootable USB or an ISO to disk to install.

footnote, you may have to go into the BIOS of your computer and set the bootable device, usually it's set to your main hard drive.
    Last edited by sum_guy; 2nd Mar 2021 at 18:34. Reason: additional information
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  5. When you get the ISO Rufus is very good at making bootable usb sticks.
    I swear by this for my linux machines.
    It is also free
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo8ZLMgfVTE
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    UEFI is such a pain in the ass, offering nothing that I want in exchange . . . so I'm glad to mostly be running older hardware. Acronis TI apparently stopped supporting the pre-UEFI hardware in their 2017 edition (?), and it's unclear to me whether any of the competing HDD / partition imagers have any streamlined, convenient means of getting around that UEFI bottleneck, without your having to go into the BIOS and reset everything to Legacy, if you want to boot their disc or Rufus-made stick. That would be a big ditto for your rescue / diagnostic type discs or sticks. The UEFI BIOS always warns you of dire consequences that could happen, if you change those settings, but I don't see any other method. Haven't been real keen to find out, either. End result is that I've slacked off on what would otherwise be my longstanding backups regimen, for those particular more current rigs.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote