VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. when i encode my movie in tmpgenc,why cant i change the video bit rate like i can if im doing the same thing but to a dvd file?The vcd always ends up too big for 80 min cdr,does this mean i need 2 disks or is there a way to make the file small enough to fit a 80min cdr???
    Quote Quote  
  2. a bug in some versions of tmpgenc means it always resets a VCD compilation back to the std bitrate, whatever changes you make. Change your setting to non-std vcd and you should be ok. Or choose svcd and set the res to 352x288 mpeg2 vbr (average bitrate 800/1000) this gives a good balance beteween size and quality.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need to load the unlock.mcf template.

Changing anything in a VCD makes it non-compliant. Doesn't mean it won't play. Search kvcd for alternative VCD templates.
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't know if I'm misunderstanding the original question, but my answer would be that unlike DVD/SVCD, the VCD standard means you have to have a fixed bitrate (see What is.. VCD in the top left hand corner).

You can alter this setting in TMPGEnc (by closing the wizard and then opening the unlock template), but what you're then doing is making an xVCD.

These are less compatible with standalone players than standards-compliant VCD's. However, I think this is becoming less of a problem as more and more DVD players are a lot less picky about playing all sorts of MPEGs with wierd and wonderful settings - especially the cheaper new ones (like mine!).

Sorry if that's not what you meant.

cheers,
    mcdruid.

[edit]posted at the same time Gazorgan [/edit]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Think "TIME" not "SIZE". As long as the VCD is under 80min (82+ or - with overburn), then it will burn and fit on one cd.
    Quote Quote  
  6. That's true jaxxboss - but if using the standard template in TMPGEnc produces a file that won't fit onto a normal VCD (80min CD-R), that suggests the source is longer... in which case lowering the bitrate is the only way to fit it on the one disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, if that is the case, then he/she is not trying to make a true VCD. Maybe an xvcd or kvcd or whatever the heck is out there now. Tmpge will encode to vcd complient mpeg1. If the original file is more than 80 min, then it will not fit onto a cdr, unless you use a different template, then again it is not a VCD per se.
    Quote Quote  
  8. We're at cross purposes here I think!

If you read through the whole thread, I think that what Gazorgan and I have already said agrees totally with what you've posted about xVCD's etc..

I think I'm going to leave this until the original poster comes back (if they ever do!) - otherwise we're going to go round in circles

cheers,
    mcdruid.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My bad. yea, we agree on that then. Oh well. LOL
    Quote Quote