VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can and will anyone please tell me (and others experiencing the same problems) why some videos on DailyMotion.com and YouTube.com appear as if viewing through a mirror (in other words, a reversed image)?

Also, some videos on these aforementioned websites have the additional problem of displaying a bottom and top image of the same view, as if viewing in a mirror and from above.

Are these videos with the aforementioned problems being deliberately uploaded (by their respective channel managers) in these manners for some particular reason(s)? Or is it the case the web hosts themselves--DailyMotion.com and YouTube.com--are distorting the videos for some reason(s)?

In a similar vein, why do some videos on these free video-sharing websites have noticeably faster audio?

Are these a-v distortions possibly being done to avoid liability suits from the original producers of programming?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well some example links might help us to understand what you write.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jimmo View Post
    Are these a-v distortions possibly being done to avoid liability suits from the original producers of programming?
    They're being done to avoid automated detection of pirated content. Uploaders are still liable if the content owners decide to take legal action.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pirated content on yt. Whatever next ?

But I have seen various effects. Not the ones the OP describes. Such as imges cropped to a different AR. A movie viewed on a screen with a person looking at it. Just two that come to mind.

All of which makes it pretty pointless to upload except for uploaders being paid for clicks. In that respect yt are as guilty as the uploader.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A common tactic for Korean variety shows is to put the actual show in a corner of the screen with a large border filling the rest of the screen. *SIGH*

It's particularly irritating when "fans" of Asian groups/singers immediately (sometimes within minutes of release) post their own (often distorted) versions of music videos, taking away from the views of the actual release.
    Last edited by lingyi; 5th Aug 2018 at 18:08.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Well some example links might help us to understand what you write.
    Hello DB83--Thank you for reading and replying to my post. I will try to find some examples of the video flaws I discovered on DailyMotion.com and post some links here, as you requested.

It is easier at this point to provide examples of videos with that mirror image problem. But I have also seen (and heard) many videos with faster-than-normal audio on YouTube as well, in the past several years.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Pirated content on yt. Whatever next ?

But I have seen various effects. Not the ones the OP describes. Such as imges cropped to a different AR. A movie viewed on a screen with a person looking at it. Just two that come to mind.

All of which makes it pretty pointless to upload except for uploaders being paid for clicks. In that respect yt are as guilty as the uploader.
    Protected content issue aside (and it has always baffled me why there can be some perfectly fine and watchable TV episodes on YouTube, while simultaneously there are also terrible quality uploads of the exact same TV episodes also on YT)), what is the damn use of uploading television episodes or films if they are, basically, unwatchable?

So I think you may have hit the nail right on the head, "DB83," that is all about the numbers of clicks an uploader receives on these public video-sharing websites.

I have also never understood why some uploaders are asked to remove their videos of rights-protected content while others are allowed to keep their equally in-violation content available on YouTube. Is it just a matter of plain dumb luck? Or are some other factors at play into content removal from sites such as DailyMotion and YouTube?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jimmo View Post
    I have also never understood why some uploaders are asked to remove their videos of rights-protected content while others are allowed to keep their equally in-violation content available on YouTube. Is it just a matter of plain dumb luck? Or are some other factors at play into content removal from sites such as DailyMotion and YouTube?
    It's up to the copyright holder. They see their video and they ask the site to remove it or to give them the advertising income.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I was having the exact same problem, and made this simple plugin for Firefox that enables you to flip the video horizontally or vertically via a right-click option anywhere on the page.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-flipper/
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    This video flipper appears to work well. I'd like to thank the author for creating such a useful app. Sorry that my thanks are over 2 years too late.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by david2541 View Post
    This video flipper appears to work well. I'd like to thank the author for creating such a useful app. Sorry that my thanks are over 2 years too late.
    Thank you. It's always nice to have feedback. It's been working for almost 2 years with no need for updates.

All the best.
    Quote Quote