VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I can't seem to find it in the manual, but is there a way to set the frame that is used to represent a selection. Some of the videos that I am copying have a few seconds of blank screen before the video starts, so when the DVD is finalized, a blank frame is used in the menu. Anyway to select a frame other than the beginning frame to represent a selection?

Jim
    Quote Quote  
  2. There's a place in the menu where you can change what thumbnail is used from 'start' to, I believe, 30 seconds and 3 minutes.

edit: the setting is called 'Navi mark', under the recording options, I BELIEVE it does what you want. I haven't payed much attention to it, I've got it set to 3 minutes, I could check a burned disc to see if that's where the thumbnail is set...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jcollins
    I can't seem to find it in the manual, but is there a way to set the frame that is used to represent a selection. Some of the videos that I am copying have a few seconds of blank screen before the video starts, so when the DVD is finalized, a blank frame is used in the menu. Anyway to select a frame other than the beginning frame to represent a selection?

Jim
    Use the "NAVI MARK" key on the remote.

I don't have a 520 but I have a PAL version of 220. I assume they are the same.

Originally Posted by the manual
    NAVI MARK
    (page 34)
    Press to select a thumbnail picture for the current
    title for use in the Disc Navigator screen.
    It is also used as the thubmnail in the menu of the finalized video mode disc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks,

I have found it. One other question, the successful finalized DVD that I generated from my test, when put in my DVD player, the menu does not load or appear. I can play the DVD though by pressing the play button and then pressing the menu button shows the menu. Is this standard functioning for pioneer or is just another of the millions of little variations that occur.

My DVD player is a sony, about 6 months old.

Jim
    Quote Quote  
  5. jcollins, my discs function in the same way, it must just be the way that the Pioneer 'authors' the discs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jcollins
    I can play the DVD though by pressing the play button and then pressing the menu button shows the menu. Is this standard functioning for pioneer or is just another of the millions of little variations that occur.
    Jim
    Well, when you finalize is there an option saying which to show first? Title or Top menu? This is the case on the Pansonics I've used and when you choose Top menu the menu is the first thing you see, if you choose Title the disc starts playing when you put it in and to get to the menu you actually have to select it as you're stating you do with your Pioneer. Not sure if you can change it on the Pioneer but look for the option before you finalize, it might have something similar.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ann,

If there is a way I haven't found it. Pioneers seem to default to playing the first clip. I have a friend who is "electronically challenged" and loves how he can put the DVD in the machine and it begins playing. The menu does work, but you have to press menu on the remote.

I agree that it would be nice to have the option in finalizing as to whether the menu or first clip begins.
    Quote Quote