VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm still having trouble with this whole process. I've made two coasters.

I have two titles I'm putting on one disc. I demuxed the .mpg source from a DVD-compliant AIW capture (720x480 with 48KHz sound). When I demuxed, I got one .mpa and .mpv file for each title. I added the .mpv's to the project in DVDAuthorGUI with their associated .mpa files. I author the DVD, and the log shows that it's finding the audio files. However, the AUDIO_TS folder is empty. When I use PowerDVD to play the DVD files, it plays fine. ...so I burned a DVD. There is no sound on the DVD in my standalone player or in PowerDVD. The .vob files, when played alone in PowerDVD or DivX player from the DVD play fine, but when I play the DVD as a DVD, there's no sound. When I try to play a .vob in Media Player, there is no sound. Media Player seems to play the DVD as a whole DVD, not play individual .vobs.

So now I look at a couple of backups I have on my drive made with DVDDecryptor. There is no AUDIO_TS folder. Is that my problem? Should I just delete that folder from the authored DVD before making the iso?

...and what's a "jump table"?
    Video Noob
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    the audio_ts should be empty.

mpa audio may not work in some few dvdplayers or you might have to change the dvdplayer audio settings to get it to work(output mpeg audio as wav/pcm).

but it should work in powerdvd....strange...try something else.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Oy ve! This is very difficult.

I was following a guide on how to capture DVD-compliant video using an AIW card. Did I make a mistake in how I demuxed the mpg files? What format should the audio be?
    Video Noob
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The audio should either be in MPG2 or AC3, both 48 KHz sample rate.

Do you know what audio format your AIW card records to?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    mpa = mp2 = mpeg1 layer2.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info, Baldrick. So it should work then. Unless there's a problem with the bit rate of the audio that might be too high??? I doubt it but that's all I can think of and I am not an expert so I'll let more experienced people answer now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would suggest using ac3 audio. you can convert your audio streams to ac3 using ffmpeggui

the AUDIO_TS folder is strictly for DVD-A(a high quality audio format). It will always be blank. dvdauthor creates this empty folder only for compatability reasons.

Jump table is a feature that was added to the GUI which gives any title the ability to jump to any menu, instead of only the first menu. It is useful for making transition sequences between menus.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPA and MP2 audio are NOT the same.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    you are right. mp2 is actually mpeg2 audio but many tools use mp2 for mpa.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Gildas
    The audio should either be in MPG2 or AC3, both 48 KHz sample rate.

Do you know what audio format your AIW card records to?
    My card is recording something at 224 kbps (recently changed it to 256) at 48KHz at 16 bits stereo. I don't know what it is, MP3? When I play the un-demuxed recording, I use the AC3 input on my surround system. It's an AIW Radeon 9000 Pro.

When I changed the DVD player from bitstream to pcm, the sound is there! Is there a way to fix the sound so it plays the same as a regular DVD without changing the sound setting on the player? [edit mode] Ahh... I see the answer a couple of posts up. ffmpeggui (sp).

Thanks so much for the help. Is there a sound faq here?

[edit mode again]
    If I use that ffmpeggui to change my mpa to ac3, will I have synch problems? Do I just change the .mpa file after demuxing?
    Video Noob
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What program are you using to demux those mpegs .

Here I use batchdemux and the audio files come out as m2a's , rename them too mpa , and convert these using besweet to ac3 , my favourite is 5.1 ac3 .

I have never had sync issues , and my videos are created using avertv usb2 or avermedia dvd ezmaker .

I take the video portions I want from files using videostudio 7 , and run batch demux on them , it complains about header info problem but continues anyway using bbdemux , this is a problem with the patched dll's supplied by the creators of ulead products (xp patch broke save part of files) .

In dvdauthorgui , I add each title mpeg video stream , then the audio stream that matches it .

As for menus I have been talking too the author about my inabilty to see the buttons in the menu , and I norrowed the problem down to directx9c , it causes many problems .

Once titles have been edited , menus and buttons created and linked I let it rip and do the whole process , and there's never been a problem

As for the audio_ts folder , nothing gose in there , and dont remove it as its part of what makes up the specs for dvd compliancy .

One thing :

Open the video's your awi card created in virtualdub , and if all's well and it loads the file , go to audio , select full processing , then check out the convert thing , check your audio is 48 thou , if it isnt , check it now , an get virtualdub too save it as wav , and convert that to ac3 using besweet .

Virtualdub is the only tool I know that is capable of doing this extremely acurately and without error's , ie , match time lengths , no hiss's or other noise's get added , perfecto ...
    Quote Quote