VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    While watching a Blu-Ray movie on my computer, with a Blu-Ray drive, sometimes the disc will spin down, and then while spinning back, it'll make the movie stutter, and this is annoying as heck...And i don't want to have to make an ISO out of my Blu-ray only to be able to watch them without stutter or lag because of the spin-down...

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

I have an Asus SBW-06C1S-U, not the one with LEDS on top of it, but the dark-blue one. USB 2.0 (i do have the dual USB cable with it, 1 connector being data+power, and 1 extra connector providing extra power to the drive).

Some suggested it might be a firmware setting, some suggested a software can take care of this spin-down problem.

I use Windows 7 64-bit, my computer is more than good enough for blu-ray movies, i always have all the latest patches (except for the Windows 10 nag patch), and my computer is scanned often for spywares, adwares, viruses... Simply put, i'm far from being a beginner in computers.

thanks for helping me!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I suspect it's the software used to play the movie. What are you using?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe I missed that, but is that BD drive an external USB or an internal SATA?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    software is PowerDVD 15.

for the kind of drive, look at the first post, it's all written here...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would try changing the power management settings, especially if this is a laptop. Go into Power Options in Control panel. Click "Change Plan Settings" for the plan you are using, then click "Change advanced power settings". Go to USB Settings->USB selective suspend and select Disabled.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I would try changing the power management settings, especially if this is a laptop. Go into Power Options in Control panel. Click "Change Plan Settings" for the plan you are using, then click "Change advanced power settings". Go to USB Settings->USB selective suspend and select Disabled.
    i did that a long time ago, but it only help where the USB Blu-ray drive would disconnect and reconnect for no reason. Now it stay connected all the time, but it doesn't fix my spin-down problem.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try using Nero DriveSpeed. and there's this - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/23586.page#127173 read the very
    last post.
    Quote Quote