VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anonymous543
    when i fill the registration form , there was a feild which confused me...........
    find super mega moderator name.....so i look for it then there was many moderators on forum which one is super mega moderator i didnt noticed because i was registring with using my android phone...
    after lot of time i found that super mega moderator name is something baldrick.

after that there was one more question was that which webseries or movie that moderator appeared in
    i dont watch webseries and movies much and also ,baldrick name was new for me ,i mean i never heared that name before ,,,,,so i googled it and search some webseries names of bladrick

after lot of time i got both answers when i entered them to form field ,it showed its wrong then i typed with some space or like that then my registration was successfull...

soooo.......it took too much time in registration and my expearince was bad....because of that two questions..if that two questions are just for human verification then it should be little simple not too much difficult.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If something is too simple then bots will get through and the forum has had many spammers in the past.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by kirito View Post

soooo.......it took too much time in registration and my expearince was bad....because of that two questions..if that two questions are just for human verification then it should be little simple not too much difficult.
    Wrong. Simple question gets answered by bots, which defies the whole purpose of anti-bot protection.
    That's why it can't be easy.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yep. I must use something that "complex" to stop spam bots. I have tried everything else(image verification, googles recaptcha, etc). But it's still not blocking all spammers so I have some extra functions to identify new users that posts links directly.

And you should NOT visit this forum on a mobile.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videohelptest View Post
    Yep. I must use something that "complex" to stop spam bots. I have tried everything else(image verification, googles recaptcha, etc). But it's still not blocking all spammers so I have some extra functions to identify new users that posts links directly.

HI Baldrick - Any particular issues? I often read and sometimes post from my phone
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Yep. I must use something that "complex" to stop spam bots. I have tried everything else(image verification, googles recaptcha, etc). But it's still not blocking all spammers so I have some extra functions to identify new users that posts links directly.

HI Baldrick - Any particular issues? I often read and sometimes post from my phone
    It's not directly mobile friendly.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Anonymous543
    still i think registration form should not be so complicated ,because people who are less intrested in audio/video and want to register here..they will leave after getting registration errors

and where is account deletion button?
    how i can delete my account if i want to..?
    Quote Quote  
  8. You post in this thread if you want to delete your account.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Anonymous543
    Thanks ,btw what happens to all my started treads and replies if my account gets deleted?
    Quote Quote  
  10. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kirito View Post
    Thanks ,btw what happens to all my started treads and replies if my account gets deleted?
    They will NOT be deleted, because this is a web forum, not an anti-social network.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  11. Anonymous543
    What if ,i want to delete posted thread, is there any option for that?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Click on the Report-button on the first post and I might delete it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Anonymous543
    Thanks for info
    Quote Quote  
  14. captcha.
    The sun is not turning around you guys, face it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Captchas are solved by all Asian spammers. This tricky question blocks most of them. All forums has problems with spammers everywhere.
    Quote Quote  
  16. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    You post in this thread if you want to delete your account.
    That thread should become a sticky one.
    Also, it might be mentioned in the Rules post.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    That thread should become a sticky one.
    Also, it might be mentioned in the Rules post.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Many websites now make you pick out pictures of cars, trucks, boats, bikes, shapes, etc. Very annoying. Especially if something looks like a truck but is not counted as a truck. Then there are times you click anything and still get in.
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by malissiabrobst View Post
    In some forums, to register successfully, you almost need to solve the equation of their higher mathematics. So the question about the super moderator is not so difficult if you understand the forum's topic.
    I am more confused by the fact that they are increasingly being asked to provide a phone number when registering. I'm not too fond of this trend because hackers can steal user data at any moment.
    Recently I have been using a DICK to avoid such consequences. I think that nowadays, it is a great tool for maintaining privacy.
    You are ******* spammer. Bye bye.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Anonymous543
    What happens when we request for account deletetion....i have seen that in some forums moderators just permanently ban thier email id which i think is not good if we wanna use same email id in future

this forum also does the same?
    Quote Quote  
  21. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kirito View Post
    What happens when we request for account deletetion....i have seen that in some forums moderators just permanently ban thier email id which i think is not good if we wanna use same email id in future

this forum also does the same?
    No. Your email will not be banned.
    Quote Quote