VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm digitizing my VHS tapes, and my VCR only outputs left channel audio. I have done several tapes, and I would like to copy the left channel to the right on the mp4 files, so that the same sound is on both channels. I have ffmpeg setup and need help with a cmd line to fix my audio. The video is mp4, and I would like it to remain unaltered. The sound is 160 kbps bit rate and 48,000 kHz sample rate, which I would like to keep and duplicate. thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would use Audacity with ffmpeg.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the suggestion. Would you please point me to a guide to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Alternatively you use some Y coupling to clone single channel on two inputs of your capture device (and later in audio editing software you may try to add those two tracks then capture device noise may be reduced by up to 3dB - later you can compress such audio as mono or duplicate channel to made stereo.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I just got a coupling device to use going forward, thanks.
    Quote Quote