VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I purchased a second hand Recorder (above) recentley, but when I try to Record a disc be it a DVD R or DVD RW , when the Stop button is pressed the following message comes up "recording file information please wait" , but it just stays there & never Writes anything to the disc.

The Player plays Discs ok, I have put a cleaner through to see if that would help, but to no avail.

Any advice or help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Very similar to pictured model

[Attachment 63168 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    "Combo" machines were never reliable/long lasting.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    "Combo" machines were never reliable/long lasting.
    Thanks, these machines are not "spring chickens" been around for awhile. With no likely solution, looking like it will become a player only or head to the tip.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i had a similar problem, i found it to be the brand of DVD-R, I found traxdata Ritec 16 speed worked perfectly
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It could also be the type of disk, DVD+R vs DVD-R. I remember the good old days when Philips DVD players favored DVD+R, while Pioneer favored DVD-R. My first player was Philips, so I always recorded (using my computer) the DVDs to DVD+R discs to make sure they always play in my Philips and elsewhere. I found DVD+R discs to be compatible with most players, while DVD-R discs were not guaranteed to play in most players. So not only try a different brand, try a DVD+R disc instead of DVD-R I suspect you are currently using. The only difference is that DVD+R disc can hold up to 4483MB data (or video) while a DVD-R disc can hold 4489MB. If I miscalculate and I produce a DVD folder over 4483MB, I either rely on the DVD overburn feature of Nero and it might crop the end titles, or I use DVD Shrink to resize it with negligible quality loss.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Still no luck here, but now have another query with same machine, have a DVD RW+ with burnt video files on it, but when entering this machine it comes up with cannot recognise DVD RW+ initalize Disc ? If i do what happens to the files on it, or can I Finalize (if not done) to get files back ?

[Attachment 63428 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zappfra View Post
    Still no luck here, but now have another query with same machine, have a DVD RW+ with burnt video files on it, but when entering this machine it comes up with cannot recognise DVD RW+ initalize Disc ? If i do what happens to the files on it, or can I Finalize (if not done) to get files back ?

[Attachment 63428 - Click to enlarge]
    you need to finalize the disc before it can be played on another machine.
    Quote Quote