VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have created an ASS subtitle with the opaque box item ticked to mask the foreign language burnt in subs. On my PC it works but not on the A-500. The opaque box is not shown just the text. Does anyone know who is familiar with Aegisub is there any technique using Aegisub to force the reproduction of a rectangular black box when played on a Popcorn A-500 media player? I would like to change the colour of the box but there doesn't appear in the program a clear indication on how change the colour of the box....? Also the box size is dynamic inasmuch it is only as long as the text. I would prefer to make a box of constant width.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  2. I already answered how to create a fixed-width box: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/394997-Aegisub-Is-it-possible-to-create-a-fixed-wi...de#post2565626
    To change the box color of BorderStyle 3 or 4 change the "Outline" color of the style.

What the Popcorn supports, I do not know. But there are basically 3 ways:
    1. BorderStyle = 3 (space between the top and bottom line if there are 2 lines)
    2. BorderStyle = 4 (no space between the top and bottom line if there are 2 lines)
    3. The fixed-width vector drawing I linked to.

So you only have 3 things to test. If the Popcorn doesn't support any of them you are SOL and need to hardcode.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Took awhile to get my head around it. Didn't realise Outline referred to the box. Changed the colour to a deep reddish black and looked good on VLC et al but alas not on the Popcorn. It seems it interpret .ass files as text so only the text attributes, colour and bold, Italic etc. So yes I will have to hardcode..... well at least at 81 I can learn new tricks....
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did you actually test variants 1, 2 and 3? I think the results could be interesting for other potential Popcorn buyers.
    Quote Quote