VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got various files that i want to burn to CD, but they're bigger than 700MB, a couple only just so.
    So i was wondering what's the easiest way, if at all to get around this problem?
    i guess i'm thinkin of splitting it up into 2, is this poss, and how?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First off, VCDs and SVCDs are burnt in mode 2 which means that you can fit 800MBs of data on an 80 min cdr, so that is the target size you should be aiming for.

If you still need to cut these mpgs then click on the EDIT link to your left and find the appropriate cutting guide for your software of choice. Personally, I prefer BBMPeg for cutting mpeg files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Firstly, I suggest you read the following guide on the data capacity of CDs: https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/135642.php

You can fit more than 700MB worth of video data on a S/VCD.

As for cutting, there are a number of video cuttings articles and guides on this website. One option you can try first is with TMPGEnc. In TMPGEnc, go to File --> MPEG Tools and one of the options contains an MPEG cutter and joiner.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  4. On TMPegc, sry i can never get it right, you may want to try spliting them using non-standard format. This may or may not work on your stand alone. You could also re-encode them to VCD format using KVCD templates.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cheers guys- sounds kinda comlicated, but i'll give it a try.....
    Someone told me about 90min cd-rs that are avilable- have any of you any experiences with these?
    Quote Quote  
  6. 90 min CDs work well...

Most recent burners will be able to "overburn" (technically, burning anything over 80min can be considered "overburning" regardless of media size) to the full capacity of the disc. Generally, most readers can read 90min CDs reasonably well all the way to the end (though some players might have problems towards the very end of the disc -- e.g., around the 88 min mark).

99 min CDs tend to be somewhat less compatible.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, so if i buy some 99min discs, but only fill, say, up to 80 min, i should be OK?
    can i check if my burn is compatible on this site?
    Its a teac cd-W552e if thats any help
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If only use up to 80min, buy 80min instead of 99min. Its cheaper and you don't waste disk space!
    Sam Ontario
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK- so i've been messin about with some 90+ cd-r's that i bought, but i haven't had much luck. the sizes i've been trying to fit on, are around 750, yet, despite what you said, they still get cut off at the end, despite the fact that they can hold more.
    irealise that you have to set the overburn function in nero, which i have done, do you have any other advice?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For an 80min CDR you could burn 800MB SVCD or VCD format movie data with additional 25MB lead in and 15MB lead out (Total at least 840MB just without overburn). I use VCDEasy to burn SVCDs.
    Sam Ontario
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cheers- but has anyone any idea of how i do the eqvivalent with Nero?
    Quote Quote  
  12. is nero re-encoding your file and padding it thus making the file too big? better to use vcdeasy for vcd/svcd, use nero for data and maybe music.. I heartily endorse 99min cdr I would trust my life on them they are very good if your player likes them.

I just remembered to do more than 80 min in nero you have burn in disc at once mode
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So how do i burn in disk at once mode in Nero?
    Quote Quote