VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    i am using 44100 in Windows 10, because 48000 gives huge input lag. But i don't want 48000hz sources being downsampled to 44100hz. And for previous reason i disabled exclusive mode in sound setting. Than i am not sure, if mpc-hc is able to set sound card to 48000hz. I didn't find how to check what is sampling rate of audio output. Any idea how do i check this ???
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    You can use ffdshow's audio processor for changing /setting the output sampling frequency.
    Just choose it in the External Filters list of MPC-HC /MPC-BE and set its merit to "Prefer".

i am using 44100 in Windows 10, because 48000 gives huge input lag.

But i don't want 48000hz sources being downsampled to 44100hz.
    And what about the other way around?
    Anyway, sooner or later audio resampling is "inevitable", and all we can do is choose the method which doesn't suck too much
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 6th Jul 2020 at 13:50. Reason: disambiguation :-/
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    You can use ffdshow's audio processor for changing /setting the output sampling frequency.
    Just choose it in the External Filters list of MPC-HC /MPC-BE and set its merit to "Prefer".

i am using 44100 in Windows 10, because 48000 gives huge input lag.

But i don't want 48000hz sources being downsampled to 44100hz.
    And what about the other way around?
    Anyway, sooner or later audio resampling is "inevitable", and all we can do is choose the method which doesn't suck too much
    I heard wasapi renderer changes sound card sampling rate based on a source. Unfortunately there is no wasapi in mpc-hc. And i am not sure, if you disable exclusive mode in sound card setting, whether or not this would work anymore... And i want it disabled, so games can't change sampling rate on their own. 48000hz gives huge input lag, i am using 44100, anyways i can't tell difference between the 2. I just don't want resampling, as i heard it reduces quality. I watched tv shows in english without subtitles long time, but lately i have trouble understanding sometimes and i want maximum quality.

I found only resample in ffdshow, is that what you meant ? And how do i check what is actual sampling rate of audio output ? Also i am trying to install asio renderer, i don't know if this renderer can change sound card's sampling as well, while exclusive mode under windows sound setting is disabled ?

That would be helpful to know, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It says 48000, so i assume this value is for output. Are you sure ? So that would mean audio is rendered at its source 48khz and not being resampled. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by empleat View Post
    So that would mean audio is rendered at its source 48khz and not being resampled.
    That may not be true. The sound card driver can resample before final output to the DAC.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't know how big deal is it, but i read you should avoid resampling if possible, as it reduces quality. It would be nice to allow exclusive mode just for some applications, but windows is dumb...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, it reduces quality. But in most modern hardware, that reduction is almost imperceptible.

Not sure why you are getting lag, don't ever see that in any of the 100s of machines I manage.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Yes, it reduces quality. But in most modern hardware, that reduction is almost imperceptible.

Not sure why you are getting lag, don't ever see that in any of the 100s of machines I manage.

Scott
    It is taxing cpu, most people aren't as sensitive. I was supreme master class in cs go and i can tell 6 ms difference in input lag. 48000hz feels awful. Anyway even 48000 could be resampled. You probably need exclusive mode enabled too, but i don't want that, so games can't change value to 48000. Otherwise if you have that disabled in sound setting, not sure if even wasapi can change sound card output to match source... It would make sense that it can't. If resampling is not big deal you say, than i don't care. I am trying to get asio renderer too. But i can't find it anywhere for free, found one and it didn't work, because they canceled development. And i don't feel like putting 30 bucks into that, especially: when it may not even work. When i am not sure, if that's a big deal as well...
    Quote Quote