VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. This looks amazing

Is there anything that could be done to the bluray source to achieve this kind of look in the terms of outlines, not black levels
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is it possible to redo the colours or something
    Maybe, comparing the Y-U-V components of
    the Blu-ray:

and the DVD:

(increase gamma on both to 1.5)
    you can see that the only issue is the Y (= luma) field, so in theory if you can rid of the ghosting,
    one could do the following (in an NLE or Avisynth/Vapoursynth):
    • load both sources
    • crop and resize them to the same size
    • sync them
    • split them into their YUV components
    • take the Y-component of the DVD replace the Y-component of the Blu-ray with it.
    • do some additional filtering/cleaning on the Y-component
    -> seems like a lot of work and unless you get rid of the ghosting it would be even more of a struggle.
    So it would probably say: Yes, it's possible, but I doubt someone is willing to spend the time and effort to do it since I do not thing it can be done without a lot of manual adjusting.

Is there anything that could be done to the bluray source to achieve this kind of look in the terms of outlines, not black levels
    Problem is the luma component (Y) is really lacking information in the blu-ray so the above is probably the only real think one could do.

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. There are plenty of good looking scenes on the bd. I am going to send them later
    Quote Quote  
  4. Okay, then you only would have to do the procedure for the scenes that have issues.
    Quote Quote  
  5. So like load both sources with two different filterings applied and combine them
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes.
    Quote Quote