VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I sucessfully converted a wmv file by ripping the audio out then converting with TMPGEnc.. Then I burned it with Nero making into a vcd formar but, now my vcd player won't play it.. VCD player reads it because it displays the time on the cd but, when i click play it just sits there at 00:00.. Can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong.. Thanks!! ;P

I posted this in another topic.. Not sure where it goes.. and plzzz help anyone
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have often found that some DVD players just don't like a VCD feed made by TMPGEnc. To see if this is actually the problem, download the trial version of the PANASONIC MPEG Converter and do a test run. If it too doesn't work, then come back and we'll go through a few other possibilities
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thansk aldus, I'm going to try Panasonic and let you know tomorrow cuz, it says its gonna take 11 hours to conver.. ;/ Thanks agian ;P
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think the trial version will only encode 1-5 mins. Cut the movie, to do a test run.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks agian aldus, I cut the file and tested it out it works.. but the quality os really bad.. I'm gonna try and set different settings se if that doesn't help.. If you have any pointers on fixing the quality.. Thanks alot ;P
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It must be your settings as many confirm that the PANASONIC Mpeg Encoder is much better than the TMPGEnc. You'll also find that it takes a little longer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks aldus, Panasonic MPEG-1 Encoder works good. I was using the wrong settings (MPEG1 System), I changed it to VCD/NTSC Stream and quality was almost the same as the wmv file... So thanks agian.. if ya ever need anything i'm on Irc.Dal.Net #asian-moviez nick is insoo ;P
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to hear that things worked well for you
    Quote Quote