Search PM
    Ok, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by [Denniz] View Post
    Baldrick, correct.

Use Gspot program to check your files.

1 Any .avi file (DivX or XviD) should NOT use Qpel or GMC to ensure perfect playback. If it does, get other version or re-encode file.

2 Resolution higher than 720 x 576 will not work. To low resolution will make playback quality bad. For 4:3 no lower than 512 x 384 and for 16:9 no lower than 448 x 336.

3 Optimum bitrate for a .avi file is 800-1700kbps. To low and quality is bad, to high can give you playback problems. High bitrate gives you problems when playback is from USB memorystick becaus 80% of DVD-players use USB1, it can not handle to high bitrates for playback. Files on a DVD disc can have higher bitrates but this could give playback problems if chipset can not handle it.

4 Filesize larger than 2Gb will not work. Most USB memorysticks are FAT16 and that gives a limit of 2Gb size per file others use FAT32 and that gives a limit of 4Gb size. For total compatability use 700Mb or 1400Mb size per file. That will work on any dvd-player regardless of how old it is.

Thats it. Old information but could be of some use for someone having problems.
    If your info is correct, and my conversions work, I am sooooo sending you a kiss, cause you will have answered a q I've been googling for MONTHS!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. There seem to be a lot of us with this issue. Mine WAS intermittent, some files and not others even if converted at the same time – AVI files that were perfect elsewhere – some simply would not have sound on my USB stick. I did all the testing, converting, etc. Nothing worked. Then it occurred to me that I use that stick a lot. I took the videos off, reformatted the stick all the way - zeroing it out. Put all the same files back on and they now all have sound. Not sure why, but if a video file needs to be broken up on the stick, maybe the machine, unlike the computer, can't connect the sound file. Now I simply reuse the stick until one pops up without sound and reformat – end of problem.
    Quote Quote