VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. No one else has an Apex 703?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i gots the 660, but i don't know what that damn pbc thing is! i hit off and the vcd just stopped! boo hoo!

so...someone edumacate me on this please
    THIS IS HARDCORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    PBC Play Back Control.

When turned on, it takes advantage of all VCD2.0 abilities (menus, auto pause, so on).
    Turned off, (suposed to) play straight through from track 2(first mpeg clip) until the end without any menus or stills, or auto pause points.

I have a 500a, same as 703.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Geesh, 175 views and NO ONE knows how to do this? Sounds like the mystery of Apex!!!

Mike
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    except for the other mystery...

WHERE'D THE WEBSITE GO?

someone couldn't pay their bills i guess =(
    THIS IS HARDCORE
    Quote Quote  
  6. WMike - Why are you interested in turning PBC off? Just curious. Perhaps I can help you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. WMike - Why are you interested in turning PBC off? Just curious. Perhaps I can help you.
    Quote Quote  
  8. WMike - try this.

With a disk loaded in the tray (make sure it is stopped) hit Digest. This will essentially turn PBC off and allow you to make manual selections for multiple mpegs. On your screen you will see 3 options. Hit 2 on your remote (disk digest) and you will be presented with the mpegs on your VCD. If you only have one then only one will show. Hit play and the 703 is now playing your track with PBC off.

edit-
    The 703 offers more than just a simple toggle for PBC on/off. Not knowing what you are trying to accomplish - this may or may not do what you want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: next on 2001-07-05 12:27:20 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  9. WMike - here's an even easier way - simply load your disk and instead of hitting Play to start it hit "1" on the numeric keypad on your remote. This will play your disk with PBC off.

Doing this allows you to then hit "repeat" on your remote. I press it until "repeat three disks" comes up. This then will automatically move to the next disk when one disk is finished. I'm using the repeat function as an example to show that PBC is actually off. With PBC on the repeat function will not work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: next on 2001-07-05 13:37:10 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks a whole bunch next. This was just what I was looking for and I really appreciate your help!!!

Mike
    Quote Quote