VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The book that came with the dvd said not to use cd with home made labels.

Wanted to know if u guys use them and if u had any probs.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-04 15:52:41, EmaK wrote:
    The book that came with the dvd said not to use cd with home made labels.

Wanted to know if u guys use them and if u had any probs.

Thanks
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope. Why would a label that weighs an ounce cause any problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some people have reported that the adhesive used by these labels were damaging the CD-R. Then some companies used "glue" that would after time suddenly loose it's stickyness and the label and cd were stuck in the drive.

I think these days labels from well known companies are quite good (they don't want law-suits). I personally use Neato labels and haven't had a problem (yet!).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I remember when my home town library first started lending out CDs. They really didn't understand anything about them and some of the CDs got barcodes on the silver track side...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Where do you guys get your labels and how much do they cost? I wanna buy a really huge pack or something but all I've ever seen is some sort of kit with 10 labels bundled with some lame ass software which is totally stupid. Anyway I asked at this local computer store and they said they carry them but they're sold out. Would a stationary store like Office Depot or Grand & Toy have this kind of thing?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are in the US you're lucky. Neato often has offers online where with the 100 labels you buy you get 100 CD-R's free with it as well. (take a look at http://www.neato.com)

Otherwise this brand is fairly available in PC Shops, PC World(UK), Time (UK), Kaufhof (D), Vobis (D)
    Quote Quote  
  7. I used CDR with Neato mat whitelabel in my car. quite a few of them pop up and wrinkle after a while, and cause the player problem. I may have to switch to Gloss, or other brand.
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-05 08:46:18, aldus4 wrote:
    If you are in the US you're lucky. Neato often has offers online where with the 100 labels you buy you get 100 CD-R's free with it as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What? Those labels cost more than I pay for CDs? How does that figure? Thanks for the tip. I'm Canadian so I'll look around to see what I can find.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I also use neato and I usually buy labels off of eBay for real cheap.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @singsing

I wuoldn't advise you using and labled cd-r's in the car. I usually make backup copies of my audio cd's and just write on them. The temparatures in a car (especially now during summer) can be very very high and damage the cd-r as it is - let alone the label.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>I wuoldn't advise you using and labled cd-r's in the car</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

this makes a lot of sense, especially if you live where it gets really hot!! think about it, the adhesive from those labels exposed to hour after hour of extreme heat will, after awhile, soften and could wreak havoc in your player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    *lives where it's really cold*

Screw all of you!
    Quote Quote  
  13. they get hot even when it's cold because the stereo is usually fairly close to the heating ducts and or heater core. plus the more powerful the amp in the stereo is, the more heat it generates internally.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yes, that is well known.
    A lot of my friends use marker pen on CDR.

A small transparent and light sticker may work.
    A heavy one will cause the CD player go nut because it upset the balance of the disc/player.

On 2001-07-05 09:34:37, Chopper Face wrote:
    What? Those labels cost more than I pay for CDs? How does that figure? Thanks for the tip. I'm Canadian so I'll look around to see what I can find.
    Quote Quote  
  15. But..But.. I rather I lost the $1.50 CDR/label then my $15 original.
    On 2001-07-05 10:25:10, aldus4 wrote:
    I wuoldn't advise you using and labled cd-r's in the car. I usually make backup copies of my audio cd's and just write on them. The temparatures in a car (especially now during summer) can be very very high and damage the cd-r as it is - let alone the label.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah but, do you want to risk damage to your auto's CD player? as stated before, the ones you can write on with a marker are probably the way to go in your mobile unit...
    Quote Quote