VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. MGM's The Lion Roars documentary DVD, included with my Gone with the Wind set, refused to play back properly on my Oppo which seemed to be due to scratches even though none were visible. So I gave it a shot with ISOBuster...which ripped through it with no issues. ImgBurn also rips it just fine (in combination with AnyDVD). But when I attempt to rip the disc, or either of the ISO files, with MakeMKV, nothing happens. It outputs a 3.8K file, the progress bars start at zero, and then....nothing.

When I abort, I get this:
    Code:
    Using direct disc access mode
    Calculated BUP offset for VTS #0 does not match one in IFO header.
    Title #1 was added (12 cell(s), 2:02:06)
    Title #2 was added (5 cell(s), 0:59:01)
    Title #3 has length of 12 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 55 seconds and was therefore skipped
    Title #4 has length of 12 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 55 seconds and was therefore skipped
    Title #5 has length of 16 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 55 seconds and was therefore skipped
    Operation successfully completed
    Saving 2 titles into directory M:/Backups/Temp
    Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (122)' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB' at offset '1449396224'
    DEBUG: Code 0 at kstXQhz>sC3xud$ta/Bp:29395011
    DEBUG: Code 0 at 1I^He/VNrKbQou9i\-`:213129915
    DEBUG: Code 0 at kstXQhz>sC3xud$ta/Bp:29394459
    DEBUG: Code 707713 at kstXQhz>sC3xud$ta/Bp:29393286
    DEBUG: Code 0 at f8>|gG{X=7WBEs]q\xP1:29394022
    DEBUG: Code 0 at D8L"~H<8yPg*12}M1MpW{:213136608
    DEBUG: Code 0 at f8>|gG{X=7WBEs]q\xP1:213140840
    DEBUG: Code 0 at f8>|gG{X=7WBEs]q\xP1:29404556
    DEBUG: Code 0 at f8>|gG{X=7WBEs]q\xP1:213139506
    DEBUG: Code 1 at e#kQ[=}mX):}Zbt):29395310
    DEBUG: Code 0 at e#kQ[=}mX):}Zbt):213133250
    DEBUG: Code 0 at kstXQhz>sC3xud$ta/Bp:29393286
    LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error while reading input
    Failed to save title 0 to file M:/Backups/Temp/MGM WHEN THE LION ROARS DISC 1_t00.mkv
    0 titles saved, 2 failed
    Is there any way to work around this? Is it a physical defect or an authoring issue? Why is it ripping fine but refusing to play back in my Blu-ray player, which ought to be less picky about such things than a PC drive? It gets to about 90 minutes in and then just freezes, before eventually stopping completely.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had one DVD which was new, but was broken out of the box. When I tried to rip it with AnyDVD back then. But I got a replacement DVD which works just fine.

The broken one is still here, the seller, one of the biggest stores, didn't want it back. I only picked the disc out of the case and put it in my PC and started to rip, so I can watch it there without the need of the disc.

The reading rate was getting more and more slowly till it reached 0 bytes/s and a Error message occured.

I advice you, if it is a recent purchase, ask for a replacement, because you can get a broken new DVD without one single scratch.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Except....I can read it fine. And it's a release that's been OOP for years. So literally none of what you said applies to this situation.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    Except....I can read it fine.
    My DVD broken DVD played just fine in some standalone DVD players, but not in different pc drives which got a reading error.
    I only wanted to help you, good luck with your DVD. I am out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Again, that's literally the opposite of my situation. It rips fine from my PC drive, but won't play in a standalone player.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    Again, that's literally the opposite of my situation. It rips fine from my PC drive, but won't play in a standalone player.
    on the back of the box the dvds came in, does it say "this disc is copy protected and my be played on Licensed devices"
    should be near the bottom ??
    Quote Quote  
  7. What does that have to do with anything?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you need to use dvdfab, set it to disable pathplayer restart dvdfab and retry the disc again.
    and when you burn it to a disc, burn at 4x speed.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Why do I need to use absurdly expensive software, what is pathplayer, and what does burning it have to do with anything?

Seriously. I'm trying to pull out the main movie via MakeMKV. I can make all the full-ISO copies I like, I'm having no trouble doing that. That's not what I want. I want to extract the main movie, without re-encoding. Which MakeMKV is for.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dvdfab has a free version of the software.
    dvdfab can rip the main move also
    MakeMKV. may not be removing the copy protection completely
    pathplayer - https://www.dvdfab.cn/pathplayer.htm
    Quote Quote