VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello Video Help Family,

I am kind of confused/lost on which option to take. I have tons of movies that I want to keep and be able to watch from any laptop in my house. I went ahead and purchased a 4TB seagate NAS device but still confused on whether I just purchase a new laptop and install 1TB hard disk and keep all my music/photos/videos locally or do I go ahead and move everything to my NAS and keep my home entertainment files 100% on the NAS? If I go the NAS route do I purchase another NAS to backup that NAS?

THanks so much N Advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    For video files, I would just save them on the NAS and stream from there. You could use a second NAS or drive for backup. I'm assuming your LAN network is fast enough.
    My LAN is mostly wired, but the laptop is wireless. I watch most of my video on my main PC, not the laptop. The laptop uses a 'N' wireless connection to my router and servers.

Make sure your wireless system is fast enough for streaming and your laptops can handle the video formats you plan to use. I use HD MKVs and my laptop and wireless doesn't keep up very well. That's why I don't use it for viewing HD video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi ,

For my network : HomePlug ( power line communications )
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HomePlug

Just for information .

Cheers .
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!