VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi! I hope that i am in the correct place to post it. I have a lot of 8mm tapes and i try to transfer them to my pc. I connect my old sony ccd-tr620e pal handycam to my pc, using a converter (usb-live 2, hauppauge). The software i use is wintv 10. I get a pretty good quality video, but at the below part of the image there is a green zone, which hiding part of image and some details like date. (see attachments). Can i fix it? Thank you all!

ps Sorry, for my english!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201126_191732.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	55993  

Quote Quote  
  2. If the card isn't mpeg2 hardware use vdub 2 and capture avi file 720x576 pal or 720x480 ntsc use some lossless codec. Use preview instead of overal in vdub capture menu and see if the green bar disappear
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mammo1789 View Post
    If the card isn't mpeg2 hardware use vdub 2 and capture avi file 720x576 pal or 720x480 ntsc use some lossless codec. Use preview instead of overal in vdub capture menu and see if the green bar disappear
    Thank you! Vdab fixed it. Now i try learn how vdab works.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using vdub i see the video in the window that opens, but when i click "capture video", i get "unable to start video capture". Any idea? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also, if i use vdub2 i can't see the video (the lights of the converter is off).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Using vdub i see the video in the window that opens, but when i click "capture video", i get "unable to start video capture". Any idea? Thanks!
    If I understand correctly you can preview the signal from the vhs but cannot record. Strange usually If you use Windows 10 and vdub ( 1 or 2 doesn't matter) you cant see preview or find the device. Try unplug and replug the device
    Quote Quote