VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

Thank you for clicking on my post. It shows that you're willing to help me out, and I appreciate it.

Anyway, I am using Sony Vegas pro 14 and I am making an intro from scratch. I have my name on an image that fades in, and sits still for a while. I wanted to spice it up a bit, and add the white line that wipes over it, kind of like a like a seal type thing. Can't find an option in Vegas, any help? Like 0:04 In this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwG3hZWDIrQ

Thanks
    Last edited by HeyItsDaniel; 15th Aug 2017 at 17:27.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry don't click on anyone's tube videos. if you take a screenshot and post it maybe i can help.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    sorry don't click on anyone's tube videos. if you take a screenshot and post it maybe i can help.
    I understand.

It's kind of hard to take a screenshot, you probably won't see it unless I record it. I'll give you both.

Maybe a bit brighter line, but this is pretty much what i'm aiming for.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	137
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	42846  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    That's called a "glint." I think Vegas has such as effect.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I was going to suggest you can make the effect yourself by animating a diagonal strip across. You can play with the opacity and transfers mode , you can combine other effects like glow.

I think it's more commonly called a "light sweep" . "Glint" sounds more like bright narrow specular reflections, such as the "glint" off jewels like diamonds. And that's what the default setting does for the glint effect, there are "sparkles". I never would have thought to look there...

But JVRaines was right, you can do it with the glint effect. In the mask settings you can set it to "bar" shape , show mask only, and change the angle and width of the bar. The falloff will feather the edges . The progression can be animated with keyframes . You can either use this as an animated mask for other layers, or overlay this directly onto your base layer , and play with the opacity , transfer modes to get the look you want
    Quote Quote  
  6. There are lots of ways to create your own transitions. Check out this ancient tutorial:

Customized Transitions in Sony Vegas

I've uploaded a simple demonstration of how you can use a simple mask to create a quick highlight wipe. You can change the whiteness to decrease the intensity; change the width and feathering of the mask to alter the abruptness; and change the direction of the pan/crop keyframe to make the mask move in different directions. If you want it diagonal, just rotate the pan/crop masks.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote