VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. my movie becomes 800+ bin file when using vcdeasy. it isn't like this before until recently when i used vcdeasy for johnny english but ended up becoming 870 mb. i tried using other movies but still the same results. ive already tried the de-multiplex thing in tmpgenc but still the same.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What happened when you reduced the bit rate?
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First off, the 700MB rating on the cdr is for mode 1, which is used for standard data disks. When you burn in mode 2 which is what VCDs and SVCDs use, you are able to fit roughly 800MB's of data on the disk. Read this guide for the explanation of why. https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/135642.php

Secondly, a bin file contains addional information than just what ends up on the disk. For this reason, the bin size may exceed the capacity of the disk, yet it will still burn just fine.

My suggestion is to go by the capacity meter in VCDEasy. If it says your project will fit on your sized cdr, then you will be fine. Just try burning the bin and I bet it will work. You can always do it in test mode just to be sure.
    Quote Quote  
  4. i use nero to burn bin files because my burner isnt supported by vcdeasy. the file size is not only 800 mb but 880 mb so i cant burn it on a 80 min cdr. my bitrate for the movie is 1600 because this is what i always use.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Once again, the bin file will often be much larger than the capacity of the disk but like I said this makes no difference. Have you at least tried to burn it? You can set it to test mode and it will just run through the process without burning anything.

Does VCDEasy's size bar say its too large for an 80 min cdr? If not then all I can say is just burn it, its supposed to be larger than 800MB's.

According to my calculations at 1600kbits and an audio bitrates of 224kbits you should be fitting about 60 mins of content on an 80 min cdr. Does this sound about right?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Vcdeasy may have autopadded the mpg making it oversized.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it does this then it will be reflected in the size meter in VCDEasy. That's why he just needs to go by that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. vcdeasy says that the mpg file 735 mb will be 770 mb but when it finished doing the bin file, it appears to be 880 mb. ive tried burning it with nero but nero says the file is too big for the cd-r.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you loading the bin file as a disk image? File/burn image, show all files then select the .cue? If not then you are not burning it correctly.

It also might be a good idea to start using a burning tool that actually burns bin and cue files natively. Nero is really not meant for this, though it does work ok for many people.

Try using DVD Decyrptor. It is totally free and should support most new burners. If this won't work try using CDRwin. you can get a free demo of it which is fully functional but just locked at 1x for reading and writing.

Just to state this once again. A 880MB bin in most circumstances will fit easily on an 80 min cdr. I have burnt bin files much larger than this on 80 min cdrs. If VCDEasy says you are not over the limit than you aren't, its just a matter of burning it correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  10. i think vcdeasy is autopadding the mpg file because it says in the log that it will be autopadded. is there some way to disable this because i also tried burning it with cdrwin but still the same.
    Quote Quote