VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'd rather not rely on online converters and I want something that's 1) free, 2) portable, and 3) able to maintain the quality
    Quote Quote  
  2. Kawaiiii
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AshleyQuick View Post
    I'd rather not rely on online converters and I want something that's 1) free, 2) portable, and 3) able to maintain the quality
    But... WHY ? It's a totally nonsensical conversion at all.

WMV is a nasty CLOSED and PROPRIETARY format abandoned long time ago and waiting only to die... it's better to keep the MP4.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by krykmoon View Post
    I'd rather not rely on online converters and I want something that's 1) free, 2) portable, and 3) able to maintain the quality
    But... WHY ? It's a totally nonsensical conversion at all.

WMV is a nasty CLOSED and PROPRIETARY format abandoned long time ago and waiting only to die... it's better to keep the MP4.
    Because a free live wallpaper app that I use will only use wmv.
    Quote Quote  
  4. This worked and kept the quality intact, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Kawaiiii
    Search Comp PM
    Because a free live wallpaper app that I use will only use wmv.
    Ah, ok. I see. There's no choice, then, other than stick with wmv.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Would be nice to just assume that someone who's been a member since 2002 has a legitimate reason to do whatever is is they intend to do, however “nonsensical” it may seem as a general rule in the grand scheme of things... (On the other hand, it's a bit puzzling that someone who's been a member since 2002 didn't think about first trying a basic ffmpeg command to solve that kind of issue, since it can do pretty much anything when it comes to video conversion.)
    Quote Quote