VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Baldrick, I (and possibly others) would love to see an editable flag added that described a thread as "SOLVED" (editable by OP & mods?), and then a banner/icon - similar to Win/Mac tools - on the thread listing that denoted it as such.
    Similarly, a "CLOSED" icon (as edited by mods).
    Also, it might be helpful to newbies if there was an "OLDER THREAD" (old man w/beard?) icon that was auto added to threads calculated as older than, say, 2 years from present. You could even have graduated icon series (though that's getting a bit complicated).

What do you think?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    ...What do you think?
    Hi
    I suggested that old threads might be allowed to "time out" automatically, but it didn't fly.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/362686-What-about-reducing-necro-posting
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My difference: nothing keeping users from adding, just an informational flag.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From where I sit, threads never seem to get solved. People just keep posting their two cents long after the game ended. On occasion, new useful info is posted.
    The big question, who decides if the OP's question has been solved. And the OPs first question often morphs into something else. Flagging won't work.

I am 100 per cent for the 2 year old thread thingy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I understand where you are coming from on the solved part, but if all new users were "highly encouraged" to revisit the thread and tick the "solved" flag once they the OP considered it solved, maybe it might work for even a majority. That'd be good enough for me.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I could add some warning when you post in old dead threads.
    Quote Quote