VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ave,

I've been shopping supermediastore.com for all my media & stuff needs and i've been very satisfied. Only problem is, the shipping costs are way too high.

At this point of time i can purchase the same ProDisc 100 Pk 8x DVD-R bundle from Shop4Tech.com with Free Shipping, so i'm switching over to Shop4Tech, for now at least.

My biggest problem is Cases... a 100 Pk Slim Jewel Case costs $14.00 everywhere, but shipping is almost $14 to $15 everywhere... that doubles the cost. Does anybody know of any store shipping Slim Jewel CD Cases for free or economical.

A 100 pk of Full Coverage (22mm) CD/DVD Labels cost $9.99 and shipping isn't bad either.

If anyone known of any other places to buy which may offer better costs or shipping costs, i'd really apreciate it. Right now i just basically shop through shop4tech, supermediastore & meritline. I haven't yet seen a good 4rth option.

Thanks,
    Mickey
    I don't suffer from Chronic Insanity & Psychosomatic Multiple Personality Disorder!
    I enjoy every moment of it!
    Quote Quote  
  2. For cases, I prefer to go to computer shows. I generally pay $5 for 100 colored slim cases. Look around and see if there is a computer show around your area.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you try Walmart or Staples? That where I get all my cases and they have always been reasonable. Its a shame I cant get my media there as cheap.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by D.A.R.J.R.
    Did you try Walmart or Staples? That where I get all my cases and they have always been reasonable. Its a shame I cant get my media there as cheap.
    No actually i didn't. In fact, i didn't even know Walmart or Staples had cases. Do you know the costs there? I could go tomorrow if it's worth it. Better then paying double the cost for shipping.

I get 100 Slim Jewel Cases (Clear/Black) for $14.00 from either of the sites. Only problem is they charge another $14.00 for Shipping!!

Mickey
    I don't suffer from Chronic Insanity & Psychosomatic Multiple Personality Disorder!
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can usually catch a sale and get 100 for $10 at Office Max or Office Depot too. I can remember one that was $9 with a $9 mail-in rebate.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I checked out Office Max.. they have a buy 1 get 1 free 50 Pack Slim Jewel Case for $9.98 !! Awesome! I'm definately going there. It's right here in Latham.

Thanks a ton!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Office Max has had 100 packs of the slim jewel cases for FAR (free after rebate), obviously I have no clue if that'll come up again, but I would imagine so.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I went to Office Max a few weeks ago and I purchased 1 pack of 100 office max brand for 19.99 and got another 100 free.
    When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ave,

What about CD Labels ? I get the 100 Labels pack (22 mm hole) for $9.00 at most sites. Does OfficeMax carry those ?

Also, what's the most economical place to buy ProDisc 8x DVD-R media? I'm getting a 100 pack for $34 at shop4tech.com with free shipping. Is that the best i can get?

Thanks,
    Mickey
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Personally, I would avoid labels. They can throw off the balance of DVDs, and can damage CDs if they start to bubble and peel (the adhedive takes the data & reflective layer with it.)

The risk is just to great, in my opinion. That said, do what works for you.

A fine point sharpie is cheap and safe! (Just don't throw it at people)
    Some people say dog is mans best friend. I say that man is dog's best slave... At least that is what my dogs think.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you plan on buying in bulk, Shop4tech has some good prices. I ordered (and received) slim single and double DVD cases from them with an excellent push-button type center holder.

Shipping is free and the per-unit prices are much better for a large order (500).

Slim single= $23/100 (.23ea) vs $70/500 (.14ea)
    Slim double = $23/100 (.23ea) vs $70/500 (.14ea)

I recommend using the slim cases since they take up about 1/2 the space the wider (standard) case does. If you're building a large library, you need to conserve space.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  12. You can get full sized dvd cases for .20 cents a piece if you order in a bulk of 100 from www.tapestockonline.com
    Quote Quote  
  13. If you have a Sam's Club near you they sell 100 packs of decent quality slim cases for $10.88.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by xobituaryx
    You can get full sized dvd cases for .20 cents a piece if you order in a bulk of 100 from www.tapestockonline.com
    Yeah but you pay almost $18 for shipping.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ihave purchased 400 cases from the below seller on ebay and have been very satisfied

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=61642&item=5170506832&rd=1
    Quote Quote  
  16. Ave,

Just wanted to update my success story

I got a 100 Pack ProDisc DVD-R 8x for $34.00 w/ Free Shipping at Shop4Tech

Went to OfficeMax and picked up pack of 100 Slim Jewel Cases for $9.00
    Also picked up 120 Full Faced (22mm Hole) Memorex Labels for $19.00

Awesome! I got everything economical and didn't pay a penny for shipping!

Thanks guys,
    Mickey
    Quote Quote  
  17. Read around the forums before you use those labels. MANY people have had nothing but problems with labels on their DVDs, if you have any skipping problems you'll regret having used them. Just giving you a heads up. Sounds like you did well with the cases and discs, good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by steve2713
    Read around the forums before you use those labels. MANY people have had nothing but problems with labels on their DVDs, if you have any skipping problems you'll regret having used them. Just giving you a heads up. Sounds like you did well with the cases and discs, good luck.
    Ave,

Steve... thanks. I have read around previously about people experiencing problems with Labels. I personally have been using labels on my DVDs since about an year now, and have over 200 DVDs with Labels on them.. never had any problems thus far, so i'll continue to use them.

Thanks again,
    Mickey
    Quote Quote  
  19. I went through 400+ labels for my DVD collection and havent had one single problem yet. I suppose people are putting them on wrong or off centered, or not using the right applicator and the labels dont stick fully.

I print directly on the discs because they have 14400 DPI whilte standard paper labels only have around 300dpi. I have some photo quality labels also at 14400 dpi. They are good but not as nice as if you printable DVDs. Get them at

www.rima.com

100 Full Faced Matte Labels 14400 dpi only $7 and about $4 shipping (good for almost any quantity, so get 5 packs). These are quality labels and cheap as well.

I just stopped by this forum to see if there was any cheaper places I can get these labels. Please post if you do. Rima.com was the only place that sells these Multi-Flip 14400 DPI labels the cheapest I've seen.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Make a friend at Blockbuster! I get all my cases free, they end up in a dumpster otherwise.
    Quote Quote