VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    i'm a damn newbie concerning burning SVCDs. Im using Nero to burn those SVCDs but i have 2 questions:
    1. I drag a file to an 80 min CDR but Nero shows 85minutes needed. Is it possible to convert the file to lower quality, to get the file on one CDR? If yes, please tell me how and with which program.
    2. Fast forward does not work on my DVD player with SVCDs (Nero used for burning). I have heard this is a problem from some DVD players. How can i create breaks in the movie, for example every 15 minutes to be able to skip there?

Thanks for your assistance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Encode your movie into segments using your source range filter in TMPG For an example of this see Sefy's top of the page Newbie Rip Guide. The source range area is discussed near the bottom.
    ~~~Spidey~~~

"Gonna find my time in Heaven, cause I did my time in Hell........I wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well......" - The Man - Keef Riffards
    Quote Quote  
  3. 1. you can cut some of the mpg off the end or the beginning. like the opening credits or the ending credits. when encoding make sure and use a bitrate calc so that you can get a good idea at what bitrate to encode that will fit on one cd. also, nero is capable of overburning... this will get you i think 82min.
    2. i dont know...
    Quote Quote  
  4. 1) Depending on your CD-writer and your DVD-Player you could try using a 90Min CDR in order to avoid re-encoding. If you need to reencode, use TMPGEnc (www.tmpgenc.com).

2) Do not use NERO but VCDEasy, which is probably the easiest way of creating (S)VCDs with chapters. This way, you don't need to cut you mpeg-file but can simply set entry-points to which you can jump directly.

For both TMPGEnc and VCDEasy, take a look at the guides at this site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Freshman on 2001-12-06 12:51:17 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks to all who answered me.
    @ freshman: is there any divx plugin available for VCDEasy?? That would be great to burn SVCDs without extra converting it to mpeg
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi ForceBob,

No, VCDEasy doesn't include any encoding software, so you will need mpeg-1 or mpeg-2 files before using it. That's what TMPGEnc is there for, and from what I've heard NERO's encoding quality isn't as good as TMPGEnc's so this little extra step also results in a better image.
    Quote Quote  
  7. enable your Nero program to overburn. when overburn is enabled, you should be able to get 730mb onto a 80minute CD
    Quote Quote